Windows 10: Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown

Discus and support Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys I need some help. I tried to reset my PC Windows 10 using the reset button in settings but after the PC did its thing and restarted I was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeeSkingle, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown

Hi guys I need some help. I tried to reset my PC Windows 10 using the reset button in settings but after the PC did its thing and restarted I was just left looking at a black screen for about half an hour. I tried a short press of the power button to let it shut down but nothing was happening so in the end I had no choice but to force shutdown with a long press of the power button.

Now when I try to power it on, I have power to the tower and the fan lights etc come on but it wont actually start up. The keyboard lights up then the lights go out then back on continuosly but even after leaving it doing that for 15 minutes no boot up or any indication of a start up of any kind.

Have I killed it with the forced shut down or is there something I can do to recover it?

Thanks in advance.

Intel core i5-4460 processor

Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Motherboard

8Gb RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card

Integrator 500 watt Power supply.

:)

LeeSkingle, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Catper Win User

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Mar 17, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown

Laptop freezes, have to force shutdown.

Original title: my laptop wont shutdown.

I go through the process and it freezes so i have to a force shutdown, even if try to put it sleep

CarolWringe, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown

1. Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown - Similar Threads - Desktop wont start

2. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  3. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  4. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown: I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither wired mouse nor the wired keyboard worked tested with other mouse and keyboard, but I could adjust the brightness of the...
  5. Why PC gets Force Shutdown after 20%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why PC gets Force Shutdown after 20%: PC gets Shutdown Automatically after 20%. And battery goes to Zero. Need to Plugin Charger to just even start this after force Shutdown. Have Already set default settings in balance power options. Earlier before 1-2 weeks it was all normal. The Battery use to show critical at...
  6. Bsod after forced shutdown

Bsod after forced shutdown: So I had to force shutdown my pc 2 days ago and when I turned it on again it was running fine, I ran sfc scannow which found and fixed corruption and ran it again and it said there were no corruptions but today it just blue screened on me out of nowhere. Why did it do this if...
  7. Pc won't turn on after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc won't turn on after force shutdown: Long story short my pc got turned off by pulling the wire out 50+ times for the past 4 months. Today when the force shutdown by pulling the wire out happened pc doesn't turn on. No reaction to me pressing the power button. Also some days it can get pulled out even 10 times...
  8. pc acting weird/slow after forced shutdown.

pc acting weird/slow after forced shutdown.: whole story, i was running superantispyware and it was stuck quarantining cookies, so on the screen i reset my pc. and it was on the loading screen for resetting my pc for a while. so i physically hit the reset button on my pc, and it was just a black screen for longer. then...
  9. Pc wont boot after forced shutdown

Pc wont boot after forced shutdown: Hi, so i had to force shutdown my pc after it bugged with an installer. After this it wouldnt boot anymore. The setup i use wasnt touched in like 6 months, and it always worked perfectly without hickups. Now when i turn on my pc it will say ‘no signal’ on both monitors dvi...
  10. pc wont shutdown

pc wont shutdown: so i have this problem when i play ac odyssey for 3 hours. the issue start when i close the app i cant open any windows on my pc i cant open chrome for example and when i go to the task manager it show ac odyssey on the background apps taking 6g of my disk and i cant end the...