Windows 10: Desktop personalisation

Discus and support Desktop personalisation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, Can someone help me find the search and time widgets shown in the pic? I looked around but couldn't find the exact widgets. Thanks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GABS90, Dec 12, 2020.

1. /u/GABS90 Win User

Desktop personalisation

/u/GABS90, Dec 12, 2020

2. Delete personalised photo on desktop

How do I delete the personalised photos from the desktop created in settings/accounts/your info? I created it but I cannot find anywhere that deletes these personalised photos.

Thank you

Barbara

BarbaraKelly1, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or sequentially from list of images (shuffle off).

I have it set to select an image from a folder of images and to change it every minute. It have tried shuffle in both positions.

The problem is that more often than not it selects the same image.

I had the same issue with a screen saver. Again the random setting didn't work particularly well wit a distinct bias to one or two images.

It seems Windows random function is not reliable. I have found a better app for the slide show (GPhoto) but can't solve the desktop issue.

Using Windows 10 , latest update, using two VDUs.

Sigurd, Dec 12, 2020
  4. John369XP Win User

Desktop personalisation

Personalisation colours grayed out. How to unlock?

When trying to set the desktop color in the setting tab, Personalisation tab, colours, Colors are grayed out and cannot be selected.. How to unlock and change the background color?

Any Suggestion and help will be appreciated.

John369XP, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop personalisation

1. Desktop personalisation - Similar Threads - Desktop personalisation

2. How to stop desktop from flickering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop desktop from flickering?: I recently updated my PC to the latest Windows 11 version. Now my desktop won't stop flickering and the only thing I can get to run is Task Manager which doesn't flicker. The taskbar won't appear at all, I can't even use Windows+X to access anything to revert my driver's back...
  3. How to stop desktop from flickering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop desktop from flickering?: I recently updated my PC to the latest Windows 11 version. Now my desktop won't stop flickering and the only thing I can get to run is Task Manager which doesn't flicker. The taskbar won't appear at all, I can't even use Windows+X to access anything to revert my driver's back...
  4. I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...: I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store, I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-desktop-and-i-have-not-been-able-to/8d653e86-d1d1-4ca6-870b-0b56331cf7b6
  5. I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...: I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store, I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-desktop-and-i-have-not-been-able-to/8d653e86-d1d1-4ca6-870b-0b56331cf7b6
  6. Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random function as used by Desktop personalisation: Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or...
  7. Random function as used by Desktop personalisation

in Windows 10 Support
    Random function as used by Desktop personalisation: Amongst the personalisation settings the desktop background can be set to Slideshow, a folder of images selected, and an interval for change set. It can also be set to Shuffle on/off. I assume this is to set whether the display image is selected at random (shuffle on) or...
  8. Personalised desktop shortcuts won't work on Windows 10

Personalised desktop shortcuts won't work on Windows 10: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to create some shortcuts on my desktop e.g CTRL + ALT + G = Google. However when I clicked 'Ok' the shortcut doesn't work. The shortcut only seems to work when I have this menu open see image below. Anyone know...
  9. windows 10 personalise theme crashes to desktop

windows 10 personalise theme crashes to desktop: windows 10 pro, 1903 so everytime i click on the theme (personalise ---> theme) it crashes, close the setting and back to desktop same as reddit member post at https://www.reddit.com/r/softwaregore/comments/bld6il/help_can_any_one_help_me_when_ever_i_try_to/ any idea how...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening

Windows 10 Desktop personalisation not opening: A few hours ago I changed my desktop default background to a slideshow which has worked perfectly. However whenever I try to re-enter the personalisation section in the settings, it does the clicking animation and then stops, I can hover over other settings tabs but cannot...