Windows 10: Desktop Personalization

Discus and support Desktop Personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I chose some pictures from the Microsoft store - for wallpaper, I think. I do not see where to click to save those. When I go to the personalization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlotteO'Keefe, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Desktop Personalization

I chose some pictures from the Microsoft store - for wallpaper, I think. I do not see where to click to save those. When I go to the personalization page, they are not there.

:)

CharlotteO'Keefe, Sep 5, 2018

2. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Desktop Personalization

How to Personalize Desktop Wallpaper

Hi Kathie,

You can personalize your desktop wallpaper by simply following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Click Background.
    • Click Browse to open File Explorer.
    • Navigate the folder to choose a photo that you desired.
    • Click Choose picture to finish.
    The preview window gives you a sneak peek of what will your desktop looks like if you change your desktop wallpaper.

You can visit this
    link
    for more information on how you can personalize your computer.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Personalization

1. Desktop Personalization - Similar Threads - Desktop Personalization

2. Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts: Hi, I will reinstall a desktop PC that I haven't used for ages and I am also using a laptop. As my wife and/or kids also use the laptop from time to time and often at the same times, I would like to find out if it is possible to 'mirror' the desktop and laptop. In other...
  3. Remote Desktop: Error code 05x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: Error code 05x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop: Overview: Like many of us these days I'm working from home. I'm looking to access my work laptop on my personal PC via Remote Desktop on Windows 10 on a home network. Both the work laptop and my personal PC are at home, on the same desk, but I'd like to close the laptop and...
  4. My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...: [ATTACH] Once, I was trying to change the path of my desktop folder, and because of foolishness ... I typed in the new path of the desktop as: C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy It had to be: C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy\Desktop and that path will replace the desktop path folder with...
  5. Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop: Error code 0x519 on a home network between personal PC and work laptop: Overview: Like many of us these days I'm working from home. I'm looking to access my work laptop on my personal PC via Remote Desktop on Windows 10 on a home network. Both the work laptop and my personal PC are at home, on the same desk, but I'd like to close the laptop and...
  6. Personal settings, desktop shortcuts and folder icon missing,automatic update when i didn't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal settings, desktop shortcuts and folder icon missing,automatic update when i didn't...: Hi team, Without any notification, my desktop display and all old settings changed automatically. Then i checked in windows update but its already off. I had arranged all things as per suitability , so that i can find it in easy way. i don't need this feature....
  7. My personal desktop background Photo was deleted with the latest Windows Update December 9,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My personal desktop background Photo was deleted with the latest Windows Update December 9,...: After the update was completed my desktop background photo was no longer displayed. I still have the photo and would like to put it back instead of using stock Microsoft themes. How can I put my photo back?....
  8. Microsoft Teams personal features now available to desktop and web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams personal features now available to desktop and web: Since the outbreak of COVID-19, it’s become a challenge for many of us to balance the various aspects of our lives. Whether it’s our jobs, homeschooling our kids, or coordinating virtual meetups with friends, managing all of this on a daily basis can...
  9. I accidently moved my desktop to my personal vault how do i get it back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidently moved my desktop to my personal vault how do i get it back?: I accidently moved my desktop to my personal vault how do i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-moved-my-desktop-to-my-personal-vault/db9ea092-cd02-4b7a-87ae-cd14be307274
  10. Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work: I can successfully run Personalize and Display Settings from the PC Settings submenu. However, when I Right Click desktop, Personalize and Display Settings show up in the little menu, but do not work. I get a very brief CMD screen, then nothing. I have tried: Scannow and DISM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop personalization

2. desktop personalize

3. desktop personalisation