Windows 10: Desktop personalization

Discus and support Desktop personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We just acquired a 2nd laptop running Windows 10 for use by my wife. We want separate desktop backdrops but they end up propagating from one machine to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tsdjohn, Nov 12, 2018.

1. tsdjohn Win User

Desktop personalization

We just acquired a 2nd laptop running Windows 10 for use by my wife. We want separate desktop backdrops but they end up propagating from one machine to the other. Sometimes mine picks up hers and sometimes hers picks up mine. How do we stop this? We share the same Microsoft account and Office subscription. We are not currently using Onedrive. Her previous laptop was migrated to Windows 10 and never encountered this problem.

:)

tsdjohn, Nov 12, 2018

2. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Desktop personalization

How to Personalize Desktop Wallpaper

Hi Kathie,

You can personalize your desktop wallpaper by simply following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Click Background.
    • Click Browse to open File Explorer.
    • Navigate the folder to choose a photo that you desired.
    • Click Choose picture to finish.
    The preview window gives you a sneak peek of what will your desktop looks like if you change your desktop wallpaper.

You can visit this
    link
    for more information on how you can personalize your computer.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop personalization

1. Desktop personalization - Similar Threads - Desktop personalization

2. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  3. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  4. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures

desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures: I have been using windows since it was invented... I have been using the desktop personalization since it's beginnings as well. With windows 11, I can see my pictures in their folders - however, when I go to the personalization and browse to the same folder, the folder is...
  6. desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures: I have been using windows since it was invented... I have been using the desktop personalization since it's beginnings as well. With windows 11, I can see my pictures in their folders - however, when I go to the personalization and browse to the same folder, the folder is...
  7. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  8. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  9. Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop: When I right click the desktop and click Personalization or Display Settings it shows an error that says "This file does not have an app associated with it" and it only happens on my user. I'm not an administrator so I cant do anything that needs administrator privileges.\ /...
  10. Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop: When I right click the desktop and click Personalization or Display Settings it shows an error that says "This file does not have an app associated with it" and it only happens on my user. I'm not an administrator so I cant do anything that needs administrator privileges.\ /...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop personalization