Windows 10: Desktop photo won't change

Discus and support Desktop photo won't change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No matter what folder I select and set to randomly change the default image, it seems to stick on the same one. Changing to another folder seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Desktop photo won't change

No matter what folder I select and set to randomly change the default image, it seems to stick on the same one. Changing to another folder seems to work for a few changes then that to sticks with one image.

If I used the root folder of my photo collection it would have around 70,000 images to pick from. Surely even the most basic random generator would have a job picking the same one out of that number! *Sad

:)

Sigurd, Jul 19, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Desktop photo won't change [​IMG]

zbook, Jul 19, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Sigurd Win User

Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing

Setup - two monitors. Nvidia Quatro graphic card

Desktop background problem
    I have set Personalisation - Desktop Background - Slideshow - Set Location to a Photo folder to use Photos - Change every minute - Shuffle Off (tried On as well but makes no difference) - Fit set to Fit.

Problem is that the images never change, though they are different ones on the two monitors.

I have tried various permutations of the above without any success. Which folder of photos I use doesn't make any difference to the situation - same two photos displayed.

My wife's laptop which is setup in the same way seems to have a similar but not identical problem. hers changes but only selects from 4 photos despite more being available in the chosen folder.

Suggestions appreciated!

Sigurd, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop photo won't change - Similar Threads - Desktop photo won't

2. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  3. Black baground on desktop, won't change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black baground on desktop, won't change.: I recently got a blue screen and now my background is black. Whenever I try to change it to another image or color, it shows it for one second then turns to black again. I have the show windows background setting enabled and i don't know what to do....
  4. Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo: I've been stuck on the same Windows Spotlight photo for like three weeks. In my customization settings for the lockscreen, it always reverts back to "Photo" when I set it on Windows Spotlight. Any idea how to fix this and get the spotlight photo slideshows back? submitted...
  5. Lock Screen photo won't change

Lock Screen photo won't change: Just got a new Samsung laptop with Windows 10. The lock screen photo will not change to one of my photos. After browsing for & choosing the photo it just spins & spins. Tried a large file, tried a small file, tried a different photo. It won't change....
  6. Desktop display :automatic photo changes

Desktop display :automatic photo changes: Is there a way to set-up the photo selection process so that each day a different photo from a folder is automatically displayed on my desktop? 140039
  7. Desktop photo won't change

Desktop photo won't change: No matter what folder I select and set to randomly change the default image, it seems to stick on the same one. Changing to another folder seems to work for a few changes then that to sticks with one image. If I used the root folder of my photo collection it would have...
  8. change desktop photos automatically

change desktop photos automatically: Hello. There is plenty of help on how to use a personal photo as the desktop background, instead of the standard Win backgrounds. But how can we set the machine to change the photo at intervals, as Macs can? Thank you...
  9. Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing

Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing: Setup - two monitors. Nvidia Quatro graphic card Desktop background problem I have set Personalisation - Desktop Background - Slideshow - Set Location to a Photo folder to use Photos - Change every minute - Shuffle Off (tried On as well but makes no difference) - Fit set...
  10. Desktop won't change

Desktop won't change: I have my desktop picture set to change every hour or so but despite trying various settings it only seems to change every month or two! I have two monitors driven by a Nvidia Quadro 600. Neither display is changing. Also, when I first setup the two monitors, the screens...