Windows 10: Desktop physical location

Discus and support Desktop physical location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop shows Arlington Texas as its physical location and I am actually located in Bastrop, Texas. How do I correct this? Thanks Bruce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceYoung5, May 9, 2020.

1. Desktop physical location

My desktop shows Arlington Texas as its physical location and I am actually located in Bastrop, Texas. How do I correct this?

Thanks

Bruce

:)

BruceYoung5, May 9, 2020

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, May 9, 2020
  3. SwampyW Win User
    Incorrect physical location on Windows 10 desktop PC.

My recently new Windows 10 desktop PC keeps showing my physical location as a town in West Midlands, some 20 miles away so when on shopping sites is wrong and causing me concerns re security. How can I correct this, and once and for all?

SwampyW, May 9, 2020
  4. Cyndera80 Win User

Desktop physical location

Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Desktop physical location

1. Desktop physical location - Similar Threads - Desktop physical location

2. WSL Storage Physical Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Storage Physical Location: My WSL storage says that it can store 1TB, but my PC has only around 200GB remaining on disk D, and 40GB remaining on disk C. Where is that physically stored, and how can I move files from Windows to WSL?...
  3. WSL Storage Physical Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Storage Physical Location: My WSL storage says that it can store 1TB, but my PC has only around 200GB remaining on disk D, and 40GB remaining on disk C. Where is that physically stored, and how can I move files from Windows to WSL?...
  4. benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops: I am doing some research into asset management best practices for windows-based laptops and desktops. Most best practice guides suggest storing the physical location e.g. which office of all devices wherever possible, which is clearly more practical with desktops than...
  5. benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops: I am doing some research into asset management best practices for windows-based laptops and desktops. Most best practice guides suggest storing the physical location e.g. which office of all devices wherever possible, which is clearly more practical with desktops than...
  6. benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    benefits of recording physical location of windows 10 based desktops: I am doing some research into asset management best practices for windows-based laptops and desktops. Most best practice guides suggest detailing the physical location wherever possible, which is clearly more practical with desktops than laptops. But I was trying to...
  7. MAC address or Physical Address location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAC address or Physical Address location: Where do I find the Physical Address on my Inspiron 3847 desktop? I am needing it for my internet provider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-address-or-physical-address-location/e21bba7a-a443-448e-8e39-19ab55fb9db2
  8. change physical location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change physical location: change physical location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-physical-location/1d4ecf9f-f41e-45b8-9634-e320a66e8f9d"
  9. Physical Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Physical Location: I have noticed that the last few weeks my laptop thinks it's in Phoenix Arizona. It is really in Tulsa Oklahoma. I have change the location on everything I can think of and followed directions for changing my location, only to search for something close by and it comes back...
  10. Physical Location for Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Physical Location for Windows 10 Mail App: I want to run Windows 10 Mail App from my Access database but I'm unable to find the location for it. Can anyone tell me where the Mail App's executable is?? James 60924