Windows 10: Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same

Discus and support Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well When ever i try to change my desktop background it changes to this. please help[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stealthbroken, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same

Well When ever i try to change my desktop background it changes to this. please help Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same 16407b56-8d8e-4ad5-91da-74e5cb9f11ab?upload=true.png

:)

stealthbroken, Nov 29, 2019
  2. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Nov 29, 2019
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same

1. Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same - Similar Threads - Desktop Picture Automatically

2. Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...: I have a Dell docking station and a Windows 10 21H1 Dell laptop. I also have 2 external Dell monitors.When I plug in the display port cord for one monitor, the external monitor displays picture, but when I plug in the VGA cord, the display port monitor stops working and the...
  3. 1 monitor overriding the other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 monitor overriding the other: I have a ThinkPad. I have 2 BENQ monitors connected to it. So in affect with the laptop i have 3 screens. They all worked great, until I unplugged the laptop and took it to another workspace. When i plugged both screens back in they will now not connect at the same time. The...
  4. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1: Hi, I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating drivers, unchecking auto arrange icons, unplugging monitos but nothing worked.. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks...
  5. Fullscreen in 1 desktop and the other not.

Fullscreen in 1 desktop and the other not.: What if I have a single monitor with 2 desktops. I want to play on the desktop 2 on fullscreen but will the other desktop/s be affected or will I still be able to move from 1 desktop to another? PLS HELP ME!...
  6. Desktop automatically types 1's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop automatically types 1's: Even after removing the batteries from my wireless keyboard, my desktop computer using Windows 10 automatically enters 1's on any/every webpage I visit. Any tips on how I can fix this? It makes the PC practically useless....
  7. desktop icons dont stay at the same place

desktop icons dont stay at the same place: Hi, I'm tired of always having to rearrange the desktop icons, how to fix this ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-dont-stay-at-the-same-place/4113dd83-083b-43b9-ba34-f80e131968ad
  8. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2: I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top....
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay in same place

Desktop Icons won't stay in same place: I have to constantly rearrange my desktop icons to there original places, is there a setting to stop this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-wont-stay-in-same-place/6f98e6b2-53f2-456e-889f-5446bfda110e
  10. Desktop Pictures Changing

Desktop Pictures Changing: Hello. I wanted to put more pictures on desktop and make them change in a couple of time but, sadly, i can't find out how do i do that. Please, help me with some informations. Thanks for reading this and have a good day, but if you know how to do it, i would appreciate...