Windows 10: Desktop picture distorted or disappears

Discus and support Desktop picture distorted or disappears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My machine, after restart and login, the desktop picture disappears partially, it looks like it doesn’t draw completely, but it’s still there. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dukeofurl, Feb 6, 2018.

1. dukeofurl Win User

Desktop picture distorted or disappears

My machine, after restart and login, the desktop picture disappears partially, it looks like it doesn’t draw completely, but it’s still there. Then when I go to the settings for it, the desktop picture redraws, and it’s back. I have pictures, but I don’t know how to upload them here and now.

:)

dukeofurl, Feb 6, 2018
  2. dotties64 Win User

Help...

I'm using a Dell Dimension desktop with Win10.

Edge was working fine several times yesterday morning and then it became distorted and I haven't been able to use it since. One tab was distorted horizontally and the other tab was distorted vertically. Both sites appear fine in Chrome and in Firefox.

I don't see how to send a picture, but if you need it, I have 2 screen captures.

dotties64, Feb 6, 2018
  3. monitor display after sleep mode

After the monitor wakes from sleep mode the picture is distorted? "pixalated? I have to reboot in order to get any picture back.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC

marielucido, Feb 6, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Try changing your Desktop picture to a different picture:
    Settings > Personalization > Background: Picture. Then select a different picture by pressing the Browse button.

After you do that, do the same steps again to select your picture once again. Restart the computer, and hopefully that could fix it.

pepanee, Feb 6, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    And when you fix it, save the Theme, that should make it load that picture at every start.

CountMike, Feb 6, 2018
  6. dukeofurl Win User
    I decided to just set it to solid color. I think that’s more efficient. Thanks

dukeofurl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop picture distorted or disappears - Similar Threads - Desktop picture distorted

2. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  3. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  4. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK: I am using a standard Windows picture for my desktop, but I have also tried using a custom slide show, and the same problem occurs in both situations.The desktop picture looks fine when I have no apps open. When I open any app in full screen, it also looks fine.However, when...
  6. Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK: I am using a standard Windows picture for my desktop, but I have also tried using a custom slide show, and the same problem occurs in both situations.The desktop picture looks fine when I have no apps open. When I open any app in full screen, it also looks fine.However, when...
  7. Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry: Everything was fine when i went to best last night. Upon restarting my PC today, everything was zoomed in slightly. Now my image is zoomed in, resulting in a reduction of screen size of about 1/3 the size of the smallest taskbar. This is accompanied by a slight blur /...
  9. desktop background pictures become distorted

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background pictures become distorted: This is happening on two separate Win10 installations on different computers. I am running slideshows as desktop background images, and the image in the background becomes distorted with horizontal bars across the image, starting at the bottom of the screen. I can remove the...
  10. Disappearing pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing pictures: I have just read the posts from September 2015, and find it incredible that this problem still persists in May 2019, but persists it does, it has just happened to me. I am more fortunate as I trust no one, no not I, so I only delete images from camera and iPhone that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop background images suddenly appera distorted and blown up