Windows 10: Desktop picture

Discus and support Desktop picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Office 365. Automatic update 2 days ago. Today desktop picture replaced after one minute by random slideshow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonCracknell, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Desktop picture

Windows 10 Office 365. Automatic update 2 days ago. Today desktop picture replaced after one minute by random slideshow

:)

SimonCracknell, Jan 29, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Desktop picture

Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Desktop picture

1. Desktop picture - Similar Threads - Desktop picture

2. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  3. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  4. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  5. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  6. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  7. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  8. Previous desktop picture in Windows XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous desktop picture in Windows XP: Hello,My son accidentally changed the wallpaper on my old PC Windows XP system and that old wallpaper means a lot to me. I searched many ways online but couldn't find the original wallpaper. Is there any way to help me find the previous wallpaper?...
  9. Previous desktop picture in Windows XP

Previous desktop picture in Windows XP: Hello,My son accidentally changed the wallpaper on my old PC Windows XP system and that old wallpaper means a lot to me. I searched many ways online but couldn't find the original wallpaper. Is there any way to help me find the previous wallpaper?...
  10. How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..: how do i stop it syncing **** i dont need from one machine to another.. i have about 5 windows machines and dont want my desktop gaming icons showing up on my 3d printing laptop etc. likewise i dont want virtual harddisk folders on my gaming machine. hiding icons doesnt work...