Windows 10: Desktop Pictures

Discus and support Desktop Pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Mar 9, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Desktop Pictures

I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen.

I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located.

Can someone point them out to me?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Mar 9, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Desktop Pictures

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Pictures

1. Desktop Pictures - Similar Threads - Desktop Pictures

2. desktop display picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop display picture: How can I resize and reposition my personal background picture on the desktop display? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-display-picture/f8ef9186-3bd8-4b1c-8896-2cec584ee9fa
  3. Automatically show all my file and program icons on top of my desktop picture background

Automatically show all my file and program icons on top of my desktop picture background: Still learning Windows 10 after reluctantly leaving Windows 7 and I do miss a lot of the features from Windows 7. One of those simple features was is :- " When just powering up the computer, the background screen picture would come up with ALL of my files/Folders and...
  4. OneDrive and Desktop View/Pictures Window 10

OneDrive and Desktop View/Pictures Window 10: My desktop would show my pictures/pictures inside of folder etc until I set up OneDrive. How can I view my pictures/pictures in folders on the desktop when OneDrive is set up? Thank you...
  5. Desktop Pictures

Desktop Pictures: I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located. Can someone point them out to me? Thank you....
  6. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  7. greating my owncalcendare for my desktop from pictures of calendars

greating my owncalcendare for my desktop from pictures of calendars: I want the present month and future month calendars on my desktop in picture form but I don't want the border of the program all around it as shown in this first picture. I want to get rid of everything except the calendars. Is there a way to do that? I want them to sit as...
  8. Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop: Mozilla has been constantly working on adding new features for its Firefox browser to keep it on par with Google’s Chrome browser. Mozilla is currently testing another new feature which it plans to roll out for the public very soon. The latest feature “Picture in Picture...
  9. Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer...

Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer...: All too often, I see my old desktop theme, picture password, etc. when I reset my Dell Inspiron 7558. Other users report this problem on Feedback Hub! I hope 19H1 will be not only reliable with syncing my settings over all previous builds of Windows 10, but also more useful...
  10. recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack,...: recently had microsoft 10 reinstalled. pictures from desktop and on USB are out of whack, compressed and blurry. how to fix? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-had-microsoft-10-reinstalled-pictures/85becc40-9d62-4281-acca-28da9a59de4d