Windows 10: Desktop Power Supply Caused Circuit Breaker Tripped

Discus and support Desktop Power Supply Caused Circuit Breaker Tripped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop power supply exploded caused the house circuit breaker tripped when I was surfing the web. The power cord was connected to an extension... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cyliyu, Apr 1, 2020.

1. cyliyu Win User

Desktop Power Supply Caused Circuit Breaker Tripped

My desktop power supply exploded caused the house circuit breaker tripped when I was surfing the web.
    The power cord was connected to an extension together with my router, monitor and printer.
    When I reset the circuit breaker and power on the desktop again, another explode happen and CB tripped.
    I can see some of the components in the power supply module "burnt" and I have to replace it.
    I would like to check what could be the causes? is it power supply module itself, or the extension plug or others etc.
    I am worried after replaced the power supply module, it will happen again.
    Why the fuses in the extension plug and the Power Cord connected to the Desktop Power Supply Module didn't "blow" in the first place.

:)

cyliyu, Apr 1, 2020
  2. westom Win User

How do I stop tripping the circuit breaker.

If I read this right, the tripping circuit breaker is 15 amps (1800 watts). That means a 15 amp breaker needs maybe 22 to 30 amps for 30 seconds to trip. Or it needs 20 amps for 100 seconds to 6 minutes to trip. Conventional breakers do not trip due to spikes such as a power supply power on. Minor current increases can only trip a breaker (as described) if the circuit is already dangerously overloaded.

How does an excessive ampere or two trip a breaker? Existing current must be well above 15 amps. I did not see where the breaker was defined by type or part numbers - essential facts. Is it a conventional breaker? To have your symptoms implies a tripping breaker is not. What exactly is the breaker (which means hard facts such as part number)? Currently, your conclusions (including a suspected defective power strip) imply a defect elsewhere. Did not suggest a defective breaker. Did imply the breaker is not being tripped by excessive current.

If a power strip is defective, then (for example) it also trips GFCIs in the kitchen or bathroom when some load (ie a few 100 watt light bulbs) are temporarily power cycled through that power strip and GFCI.

westom, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Darkleoco Win User

I do have an ancient blowdryer somewhere but no power tools at all, also it's not when I turn the PSU power switch on/off it's when I power on the system, if I have left it just in standby and turn on the system it will trip the breaker and also if I don't wait around 10 seconds after plugging it in before turning it on it will also trip it.

Darkleoco, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

Fair enough. I bow to your superior knowledge on this topic. *Respect :respect:

Wile E, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop Power Supply Caused Circuit Breaker Tripped - Similar Threads - Desktop Power Supply

2. Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Power Supply causing 100% when plugged.: So I've been noticing that whenever I'm plugged into my power supply/PSU, it seems to cause the power usage to be very high and eat up a ton of my CPU. I've tried changing my power plan and it does seem to work if put on balanced, but sometimes it may not even work and some...
  3. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New power supply causing BSOD: Hi all,So my last power supply stopped working a few days ago, it was a 700w 80plus bronze power supply and I have just upgraded to a Corsair HX1000i PSU but now every time I boot my computer after a while it blue screens and the error code changes sometimes so it’s hard to...
  4. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New power supply causing BSOD: Hi all,So my last power supply stopped working a few days ago, it was a 700w 80plus bronze power supply and I have just upgraded to a Corsair HX1000i PSU but now every time I boot my computer after a while it blue screens and the error code changes sometimes so it’s hard to...
  5. New power supply causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  7. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  8. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Seasonic TX-750W tripped breaker or it was halogen bulb in bathroom: PC: Aorus AD27QD AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock 2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP 9700K STOCK Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME Pc was on idle and monitor was on. Other devices like tv,washer off. So not circuit overload. 2 weeks ago something tripped...
  10. Circuit Breaker Flip Led to Error Code 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Circuit Breaker Flip Led to Error Code 0xc000014c: Got error code 0xc000014c after circuit breaker flipped. Downloaded Windows 10 Installation Media to a USB drive. Changed boot order to boot from the USB drive. When it ran all it said it was doing was repairing one of my other drives. Nothing about the C: drive or repairing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no power to my desktop computer after circuit breaker was tripped