Windows 10: Desktop powers on by itself every night

Discus and support Desktop powers on by itself every night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every evening I SHUTDOWN, I do not sleep or hibernate. The next morning the computer is on. The system logs shows the power on happening at 12am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by -sCRIBe-, Feb 18, 2020.

1. -sCRIBe- Win User

Desktop powers on by itself every night

Every evening I SHUTDOWN, I do not sleep or hibernate. The next morning the computer is on. The system logs shows the power on happening at 12am everytime. I have tried all other solutions I can find but nothing works. I have checked or set the following and it still happens. This is driving me absolutely crazy.

UEFI Bios fastboot = disabled

Bios wake on lan = disabled

Windows wake on lan = disabled

power mgmt allow to turn off, wake up and magic packet all unchecked

task scheduler has nothing displayed

cmd > powercfg lastwake displays -0

:)

-sCRIBe-, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Desktop Turns On When Laptop Powered Up

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you for follow the methods below and check if it helps in solving the issue:

Method 1: Run Power Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the Power Troubleshooter and Reset the power options.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left pane.

• Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Run the in-built Network troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click on “Network Adapter” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
    Then, shutdown your PC and check.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Desktop powers on by itself every night

Windows 10 - Desktop, NVidia GFX card - Internal Power Error (after 30min to 1h)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Desktop powers on by itself every night

1. Desktop powers on by itself every night - Similar Threads - Desktop powers itself

2. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  3. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  4. Internet Stopping Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Stopping Every Night: Every night at 9 pm exactly, my computer stops working. it says i’m connected, but nothing will load. this has been bothering me so much, and i know it’s not my internet. it works fine with every other computer i have except for my main one. i know it’s not my speeds and i...
  5. Internet Stopping Every Night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Stopping Every Night: Every night at 9 pm exactly, my computer stops working. it says i’m connected, but nothing will load. this has been bothering me so much, and i know it’s not my internet. it works fine with every other computer i have except for my main one. i know it’s not my speeds and i...
  6. Internet Stopping Every Night

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Power Plan auto restart, auto hibernate every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plan auto restart, auto hibernate every night: Hi guys,I have a routine to sleep my laptop every night and it is so far no issue until lately, where my PC goes into hibernate after some hour. After I wake my PC up, I also notice that power plan was reset to "Power saver" instead of BalanceI tried with other plan but it is...
  8. Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.: I turned off my laptop at 4 am. Woke up 7 am to find out my laptop was hibernanting, which was strange since i knew i turned that thing off. Looked up on Task Manager and noticed that my laptop was running since 5:30 am. Opened the Reliability Monitor and found out that my...
  9. Rebooting Every Night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooting Every Night: My computer has been rebooting every night. Following error in the event logs "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8036c771358. A dump was saved in:...
  10. PC Reboots every night?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Reboots every night?: A computer on our group reboots every night. The group policy is set to disable automatic updates (also I don't think there are nightly updates). There isn't anything in the power settings set to reboot or anything, no scheduled task I can find. It is set to not go to...