Windows 10: Desktop preload

Discus and support Desktop preload in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pascaleiro, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Desktop preload

Hi there!
    On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On? (without using startup scripts)

submitted by /u/Pascaleiro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pascaleiro, Jul 24, 2020
  2. RickC Win User

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Local Group Policy Editor

@Brink
    Thank you for your quick response.
    I'll run the .reg file in step 3.

Geosammy, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Desktop preload

PRELOAD

Hi,

To assist you better, we’d like to know more information regarding your query by answering the questions below:

• What are you exactly trying to do with the Base.swm file?
    • What are the drives E: and Z:? (e.g. HDD, SSD, External HDD, DVD, etc.)
    • Are drives E: and Z: two separate disks or are those from a single disk with different partitions?

We’ll wait for your response.

Sherry Bel, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Desktop preload

1. Desktop preload - Similar Threads - Desktop preload

2. When on the internet if my mouse moves at all it switches to desktop screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When on the internet if my mouse moves at all it switches to desktop screen Windows 10: when I am on the internet or in another app if my mouse moves at all the screen switches to my desktop screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-on-the-internet-if-my-mouse-moves-at-all-it/113db9ec-66c8-4ec5-891f-ba7284d8a312
  3. When on the internet if my mouse moves at all it switches to desktop screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When on the internet if my mouse moves at all it switches to desktop screen Windows 10: when I am on the internet or in another app if my mouse moves at all the screen switches to my desktop screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-on-the-internet-if-my-mouse-moves-at-all-it/113db9ec-66c8-4ec5-891f-ba7284d8a312
  4. When on the internet if my mouse moves at all it switches to desktop screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer: I noticed a .xml file named "ServiceDataIntegrated" that is reappearing every time I restart my computer. I delete it each time. I have opened the file and it seems to be blank. I went into the properties under security and noticed that there are several groups/user names I...
  6. XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer

XML File appearing on desktop every time I restart the computer: I noticed a .xml file named "ServiceDataIntegrated" that is reappearing every time I restart my computer. I delete it each time. I have opened the file and it seems to be blank. I went into the properties under security and noticed that there are several groups/user names I...
  7. How can I restore a previous desktop organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore a previous desktop organization: My desktop spontaneosly reorganized itself, I need to restore it to its immediately prior state. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-previous-desktop-organization/c431c5cb-dcb4-4634-bec6-7fbdc4a4b422
  8. How can I restore a previous desktop organization

How can I restore a previous desktop organization: My desktop spontaneosly reorganized itself, I need to restore it to its immediately prior state. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-previous-desktop-organization/c431c5cb-dcb4-4634-bec6-7fbdc4a4b422
  9. How can I restore a previous desktop organization

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen, Preload Desktop: "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. " Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart...