Windows 10: Desktop problem

Discus and support Desktop problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had numerous documents saved on my Desktop and they all disappeared after a Windows update. Some program icons are still there but all the documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FriDaytona, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Desktop problem

I had numerous documents saved on my Desktop and they all disappeared after a Windows update. Some program icons are still there but all the documents disappeared. What happened to them and how do I get them back?

:)

FriDaytona, Feb 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 12, 2020
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 12, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop problem

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop problem

1. Desktop problem - Similar Threads - Desktop problem

2. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  3. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  4. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.: My old computer, HP Pavilion P6 series Desktop had pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. Over the years this went to Windows 10 Home. But recently there was a problem as it continully rebooted. I tried to load from backup, but that failed. Eventually I formated the drive and...
  6. Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.

Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.: My old computer, HP Pavilion P6 series Desktop had pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. Over the years this went to Windows 10 Home. But recently there was a problem as it continully rebooted. I tried to load from backup, but that failed. Eventually I formated the drive and...
  7. Problem with windows vista desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with windows vista desktop: The computer was in sleep mode.Turned itself on at night and when I noticed it in the early hours the screen was green and or blue , looked pixelatedI had to turn it off at the mains as the buttons did nothingTurning it on it get this message Your computer was unable to start...
  8. Problem with windows vista desktop

Problem with windows vista desktop: The computer was in sleep mode.Turned itself on at night and when I noticed it in the early hours the screen was green and or blue , looked pixelatedI had to turn it off at the mains as the buttons did nothingTurning it on it get this message Your computer was unable to start...
  9. hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...: Talking about this and I just wanna delete the destops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-have-a-problem-it-is-that-i-have-too-many/bd557128-cc7f-4eb2-8b39-d5ed2fe98fec
  10. hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...

hey I have a problem it is that I have too many desktops in the multitasking and whenever I...: Talking about this and I just wanna delete the destops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-have-a-problem-it-is-that-i-have-too-many/bd557128-cc7f-4eb2-8b39-d5ed2fe98fec