Windows 10: Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!)

Discus and support Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this doesn't make sense!! I've recently upgraded my Windows 10 to the new 1511 version and after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Goudeskitchen, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!)

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this doesn't make sense!!

I've recently upgraded my Windows 10 to the new 1511 version and after a while I've noticed a few issues with my desktop in that all the icons disappear when it boots up and also my Dropbox doesn't connect either. I go into the actual Desktop folder and notice that all of my icons have disappeared from there as well. When I load Task Manager the Local Service Host (Network Restricted) is running quite high and there are two instances of this running. I right-clicked and checked that icons are set to show which they are and that the service message hasn't put it in tablet mode which it hasn't.

However, if I reboot (or in most cases having to force it down as the restart takes forever to load!!) then all of my Desktop icons come back, my Dropbox connects fine and it behaves like it's meant to.

This has been happening for a few days now and every time I load it for the first time that day, the icons disappear and I have problems but every time I restart or force close it's absolutely fine!

Any ideas on what could be causing this and what I can do to stop rebooting my machine every time?

My system spec is as follows:

System Manufacturer/Model Number: Samsung 15.6" NP350V5C Series 3 Essential Notebook
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
    Memory: 6GB RAM 670GB HDD
    Graphics Card(s): Intel HD Graphics 4000

Many thanks,

Jonathan

:)

Goudeskitchen, Jan 26, 2016

2. Problems after installation/upgrade to Windows 10: Desktop and reboot

How to fix my desktop? Desktop icons are missing. The screen contains the wallpaper only.

When I try to watch a video, or open a browser, it reboots automatically.

After the restart process, I still encounter the same problems all over again. HELP! Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!) :(

Bjorn Doce, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Computer Reboots after running a couple of hours

I was getting an error at boot that the cpu fan was not detected. I had the cpu fan replaced and the inside of the desktop cleaned. I had thought that the reboots were due to overheating either because of the fan or because it was dirty. After the fixes
    however it still reboots after a few hours of running. At the time of the reboot I hear a pop first. Is there anything I can check which might tell me the source of the problem.

GordonBlue3104, Jan 26, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!)

Do you have fast startup enabled? You may have to disable fast startup for this issue.

Right click on start
    Click power options
    Click, choose what the power button does
    Click on, choose options currently offline
    Uncheck fast startup.

See if that works.

Although there are a lot of bugs with the new 1511 version of Windows 10.

lmaneke, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!)

1. Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!) - Similar Threads - Desktop Problems Fixes

2. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  3. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  4. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to fix constant reboot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix constant reboot problem: So recently my pc decided go into a constant boot loop & at first it was displaying automatic repair couldn’t fix your pc & after several hours I got it to finally boot to the point where i could log in & get on my desktop & i thought i fixed it but as soon as i launched a...
  6. how to fix constant reboot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix constant reboot problem: So recently my pc decided go into a constant boot loop & at first it was displaying automatic repair couldn’t fix your pc & after several hours I got it to finally boot to the point where i could log in & get on my desktop & i thought i fixed it but as soon as i launched a...
  7. how to fix constant reboot problem

8. Desktop Reboot Problem.

Desktop Reboot Problem.: Hello, I'm Test Engineer and I'm having a problem with one of our production equipments. I hope you could guide me in order to solve this issue as soon as possible since it is impacting our production. Our production equipment occasionnally reboots showing a blue screen...
  9. Desktop after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop after reboot: I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot. In both XP and win-7 they...
  10. Desktop Ruined After Reboot and Other Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Ruined After Reboot and Other Problems: I have no idea what happened, but now, my desktop has NO icons, and if I click on the Start Button, what I get is the desktop theme with the start button menus, etc., superimposed on the theme. Just found something else: I clicked on the "minimize to desktop button" while...