Windows 10: Desktop problems

Discus and support Desktop problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was clicking on the desktop to collapse a notification. The background picture darkened and my icons disappeared. The start menu tiles filled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tom T, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Tom T Win User

Desktop problems

I was clicking on the desktop to collapse a notification. The background picture darkened and my icons disappeared. The start menu tiles filled the screen. I can navigate with difficulty. The apps start up in full screen mode. the buttons to shrink the screen or shut the application (x) is not visible. There must be a way to restore the desktop but I haven't found it yet. Restarting the computer doesn't work.

:)

Tom T, Feb 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 11, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop problems

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Desktop problems

1. Desktop problems - Similar Threads - Desktop problems

2. Problems installing windows 10 Pro on desktop after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems installing windows 10 Pro on desktop after replacing hard drive: I have installed a replacement Hard Drive on my Acer PC and tried installing Windows 10 Pro using the tool downloaded from the website. When I select the new hard drive from the list displayed it says it cannot install on this drive because it is GPT Partitioned. How do I...
  3. desktop configurations icon problems

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop configurations icon problems: Hi! my name is Ian and I have this problem. When I put files etc into folder to burn to disc, the desktop configuration ICON always shows within the folder and after burning it appears on my disc. Is there a way to stop this happening? Regards Ian Win 10 system 127528
  4. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem after joining domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem after joining domain: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...
  5. Problem with desktop (possibly)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with desktop (possibly): Ever since I reset my PC, (wiped the drives and re installed windows) I have not been able to open Nvidia control panel and whenever I right click on the desktop, the busy icon on the cursor shows up and nothing launches as well as the desktop stops responding. If anyone can...
  6. Problem regarding WhatsApp desktop application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem regarding WhatsApp desktop application.: WhatsApp desktop application isn't generating the QR code in my PC. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-regarding-whatsapp-desktop-application/d71784d0-13dc-48c5-9e54-9ddf7369072e
  7. Virtual desktops problem - word projecting on every one

Virtual desktops problem - word projecting on every one: I like to use virtual desktops. Ever since word crashed yesterday, whenever I open a word document, it projects that same document across every virtual desktop (so if I switch desktops, the word document is still there). When I go to task view, I see the same word doc...
  8. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...
  9. window 10 reactivation problem on parallel desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 10 reactivation problem on parallel desktop: Hi I cant reactivate my window 10 in parallel desktop 14. My window 10 was activated well while using bootcamp partition on same mac. Can someone help me....
  10. Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem)

Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem): I upgraded to v1809 yesterday and since then I cannot change my desktop image. I can, actually, but in two seconds it reverts back. I have tried lots of things to make it fluid again, but nothing seems to work. Open to suggestions 123871