Windows 10: Desktop problems

Discus and support Desktop problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was clicking on the desktop to collapse a notification. The background picture darkened and my icons disappeared. The start menu tiles filled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tom T, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Tom T Win User

Desktop problems

I was clicking on the desktop to collapse a notification. The background picture darkened and my icons disappeared. The start menu tiles filled the screen. I can navigate with difficulty. The apps start up in full screen mode. the buttons to shrink the screen or shut the application (x) is not visible. There must be a way to restore the desktop but I haven't found it yet. Restarting the computer doesn't work.

:)

Tom T, Feb 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 11, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop problems

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Desktop problems

1. Desktop problems - Similar Threads - Desktop problems

2. Desktop Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Problem: I started my CPU and arrive to a desktop that is all black and has only the recycle bin, all the other apps are gone. I aslo cant use the search bar or the windows button (not the one on the my keyboard) I’ve already tried going back to a previous version of windows but it...
  3. Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [img] But it should look like this: [img]...
  4. Installing Viber for desktop problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Viber for desktop problem: Hi there, I've been trying to install Viber for desktop using Windows 10 but it always gives an error message "One or more issues caused the setup to fail". Then I tried to install in on my other laptop using Windows 7 and it successfully installed without any glitch. I...
  5. Problem with the desktop after updating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with the desktop after updating.: Hello, I express my problem and I hope you can advise me to solve it: Since my computer with Windows 10 made the update I see a black screen before logging into Windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 pro Remote desktop problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro Remote desktop problem: Hello! i am using windows 10 pro 64bit in my office. i use Remote desktop to connect other PC via LAN network. before it was in windows 7 which was working fine. after switching in windows 10 i am facing some problem. remote desktop work as i restart remote PC till some...
  7. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  8. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  9. Why my Desktop folders and files has changed like this? How to solve this problem?

Why my Desktop folders and files has changed like this? How to solve this problem?: [ATTACH] Why my Desktop folders and files has changed like this? How to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-desktop-folders-and-files-has-changed-like/0c0602b4-4dde-4af6-906c-89e1a73db23c"
  10. Extended desktop problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended desktop problem: I have a dell extended monitor connected to my dell xps laptop. Now whenever I lock my screen when I am away and come back, after unlock all the screens on extended desktop are back to the inbuilt laptop screen, which is my main screen as well, so after every time I unlock, I...