Windows 10: Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade...

Discus and support Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, Having just updated an ASUS laptop by replacing the old hard drive to an SSD and upgraded from W7 to W10 I’m faced with rather an odd problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by taid, Dec 1, 2019.

1. taid Win User

Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade...

Hello,

Having just updated an ASUS laptop by replacing the old hard drive to an SSD and upgraded from W7 to W10 I’m faced with rather an odd problem. When I start the laptop the desktop appears normally but then goes blank, then re-appears then goes off again, 'pulsing' every second or so maybe 10 or 15 times then finally stays on. It will also haphazardly happen when the machine is being used…

What I’ve done:-
    Turned all the services, both MS and non-MS off - problem remains.
    Ran sfc – no problem detected.
    Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth which reported – ‘the restore operation completed successfully’
    The Event Viewer reports hundreds of errors, mostly relating to Explorer.
    Reliability history shows explorer.exe as having stopped working multiple times…
    I’ve run the memory diagnostic tool without any problems showing.
    Device Manager shows no yellow exclamation marks… The display adaptor is shown as an Intel®HD Graphics 3000 and has the Intel 9.17.10.4459 driver installed dated 19/05/2016.

In desperation I re-formatted the drive (an Adata SSD) and reinstalled W10 and the same is happening again.

The ASUS is a Model X54H and Windows 10 Home is version 1909 OS Build 18363.476 installed 28/11/2019 with all the updates installed. It has 4 Megs of RAM and I suspect is about 10 years old. When its working it appears to run reasonably well and if I could solve the explorer problem it should be quite happy with W10. W10 was downloaded using the tool recommended here on TenForums and run by clicking on setup.

I was expecting to have to download and install some drivers, maybe touch pad and wireless but on completion of the download/install everything worked…

If the worse comes to the worse I may have to leave this machine running W7 but with the SSD...

:)

taid, Dec 1, 2019
  2. BobiJoBJ Win User

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Dec 1, 2019
  3. W7 to W10 upgrade

I am considering upgrading from my current w7 home premium 64 bit to w10 which is offered free.

Main reason due to w7 home premium only allowing me to use half of my 32gm of ram.

Simple question:

Will w7 home premium 64 bit upgrade to w10 home 64 bit?

jetmechnor, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade...

W7 access of W10 share

On my home network W10 systems can access shares on other W10 systems, and W10 can access W7 shares. However, when W7 tries to access a W10 share, it wants a network password. I give it the user/pswd I use to log in on the W10 but that doesn't help.

I found one place:
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-access-shared-folder-windows
    that suggested setting HKLM...Lsa\restrictanonymous to 1
    but that didn't seem to help.

TIA!

Paul Kinzelman, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade...

1. Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade... - Similar Threads - Desktop 'pulsing' W10

2. Upgrading from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  3. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  4. After W7 to W10 upgrade - 2 MSR partitions

After W7 to W10 upgrade - 2 MSR partitions: I recently helped someone upgrade their system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 remotely. They are now running Windows 10 1909. Looking a Disk Management there are now 2 MSR (OEM Partition). [img] I do not recall creating the EFI System partition or the MSR partitions when...
  5. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  6. BIOS setting and W7 to W10 Upgrade

BIOS setting and W7 to W10 Upgrade: I'm looking to help someone upgrade a fairly new desktop PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the MCT method. When we installed Windows 7 on this machine I recall going into the UEFI BIOS and changing the Boot > Safe Boot > OS Type setting from the default "Windows UEFI...
  7. Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade

Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade: I'm trying to do an upgrade, but it keeps on stopping on this error: 0xC1900101-0x4000D. Can someone point me to a solution? 26379
  8. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...
  9. Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7

Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7: Hello. Need help urgently. Have been locked out after upgrading from W7 to W10. No Microsoft account. Please help. 17346
  10. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...