Windows 10: desktop randomly going into the login screen

Discus and support desktop randomly going into the login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have noticed since this last cumulative update [KB3201845] that I am experiencing my desktop randomly going into the login screen [the default one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Dec 10, 2016.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

desktop randomly going into the login screen

Have noticed since this last cumulative update [KB3201845] that I am experiencing my desktop randomly going into the login screen [the default one that shows the ocean/grotto scene] and upon resuming my desktop icons are jumbled around.

I have since disabled the login screen in components; double checked all my power settings, which by the way, are all set to off or never such as sleep settings, hard disk, etc etc. Disabled Hibernate and so forth...think power user. But it still happens.

Any thoughts on what would be causing this? Logically thinking that it didn't happen before this last cumulative update. I would assume that is what's causing it but not sure. Searching for answers here and other places there doesn't seem to be a silver bullet.
    One more thing...I've checked my monitor by connecting it to another pc and it works fine with no random login screen issues...thus eliminating the monitor. Double checked all the connections to no avail also.

:)

tazmo8448, Dec 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Shumrick Win User
    Flashing Blue Screen

I have a Lenovo computer and randomly when I am using the computer it will start flashing blue screens. To get it to go away I then have to close my computer, lock it and re-login.

Shumrick, Dec 10, 2016
  4. tazmo8448 Win User

It was malware....via Aulogics Defragger and Punkbuster. Mbam Premium missed it along with Windows Defender. Thank goodness for Bleeping Computer and their list of 'cleaners'.
    Hitman Pro found em. Seems those two programs where hacked an used the Firewall exceptions to get in.

tazmo8448, Dec 10, 2016
Thema:

1. desktop randomly going into the login screen - Similar Threads - desktop randomly going

2. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeps going back to LOGIN screen: Windows 10, version 21H2, Updated to December 14, 2021—KB5008212My computer keeps going back to the logon screen after a few minutes so then I have to enter my password again and again. After a few minutes of no use it goes back to the sign in page all over again. Screen...
  3. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeps going back to LOGIN screen: Windows 10, version 21H2, Updated to December 14, 2021—KB5008212My computer keeps going back to the logon screen after a few minutes so then I have to enter my password again and again. After a few minutes of no use it goes back to the sign in page all over again. Screen...
  4. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. screen going black randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen going black randomly: windows 10 screen goes black randomly, started when downloaded latest windows 10 update, reverted back to previous version, now message from microsoft my version of windows 10 about to expire?...
  6. Laptop screen going black randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen going black randomly.: My laptop screen is going black randomly but it stays on and the only way I can fix that is by a hard reset. I've noticed that when my pc is very loaded for example a heavy game like Fortnite/GTAV no problem happens, but when I do a simple task like browsing the web it...
  7. Windows going back to login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows going back to login screen: I shared this about 2 months ago, but it is happening again. Every time I login, my computer automatically logs me off and goes back to the startup desktop. I really need some help with this one....
  8. PC won't go to login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC won't go to login screen: Hello, I havea Lenovo 310 ideapad. Recently, the computer will not go to the login screen, thus making the computer unusable. It first starts off with a grey screen, and after a few minutes takes me to a bootmenu or appmenu. My three options are windows boot manager, atapi...
  9. unable to go into the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to go into the login screen: [IMG]got stuck in this situation where no matter what i do it juat go into a blank screen and i can do nothing more than wait for it to go back to this screen again....
  10. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen, Preload Desktop: "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. " Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart...