Windows 10: Desktop recently doesn't sleep by itself despite given a 3-min sleep

Discus and support Desktop recently doesn't sleep by itself despite given a 3-min sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; found this. I don't have any new USB keyboard/mouse but only recently it started not to sleep by itself. any idea how to solve it? 182160 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Desktop recently doesn't sleep by itself despite given a 3-min sleep

found this. I don't have any new USB keyboard/mouse but only recently it started not to sleep by itself. any idea how to solve it?

:)

tententwenty, Jul 5, 2021

2. My laptop sleep 3 min and under

Hi Rendell,

To resolve the issue, we suggest you follow the steps below.

1. Right-click on desktop ► Power and sleep ► Additional power settings.

2. Choose when to turn off the display.

3. Then, change advanced power settings.

4. Restore plan defaults.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Joneye777 Win User
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome.

Joneye777, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Wolfpup3 Win User

Desktop recently doesn't sleep by itself despite given a 3-min sleep

Windows 10 sleep bug-goes to sleep despite no-sleep settings

Updated one system from 8.1 to 10, and since then I'm seeing the system go to sleep within minutes of stepping away from the keyboard, despite my preferences being set to turning off the monitor in 30 minutes, and they PC (and even hard drive) never.

I found a complain about similar behavior on 8.1 after waking it up from sleep...I never saw that, but this is occurring after it wakes up from sleep.

Soooo this definitely is a bug, makes sleep mode worthless. Not sure if it's being caused because it wasn't a clean install, or some driver or just Windows 10...?

Wolfpup3, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Desktop recently doesn't sleep by itself despite given a 3-min sleep

1. Desktop recently doesn't sleep by itself despite given a 3-min sleep - Similar Threads - Desktop recently doesn't

2. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  3. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  4. Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode: My laptop is set to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and 15 minutes on mains. It does nothing of the kind. I wake up to find zero battery because the laptop didn't sleep at all, which wastes electricity when energy prices are sky-high. Hybrid sleep, which some sites said...
  5. windows 8.1 pro. Sleep doesn't work. I ask for 20 min but it sleeps after only about 5 min...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 8.1 pro. Sleep doesn't work. I ask for 20 min but it sleeps after only about 5 min...: windows 8.1 pro. Sleep doesn't work. I ask for 20 min but it sleeps after only about 5 min. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-pro-sleep-doesnt-work-i-ask-for-20-min/be51d4b3-9b5b-45fd-872c-ba729c478471
  6. windows 8.1 pro. Sleep doesn't work. I ask for 20 min but it sleeps after only about 5 min...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 8.1 pro. Sleep doesn't work. I ask for 20 min but it sleeps after only about 5 min...: windows 8.1 pro. Sleep doesn't work. I ask for 20 min but it sleeps after only about 5 min. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-pro-sleep-doesnt-work-i-ask-for-20-min/be51d4b3-9b5b-45fd-872c-ba729c478471
  7. Computer goes to sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep by itself: My computer screen turns itself off. Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎Aug-‎20 6:09 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  8. PC will not sleep. Screen sleeps at 10 min and pc should at 15 min.

PC will not sleep. Screen sleeps at 10 min and pc should at 15 min.: Win10 x64 ver 2004. A suggestion to run from Cmd powercfg -requests gives an Execution process of MoUsoCoreWorker.exe in HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ Is this the cause? How can this problem be fixed ?- Choosing Sleep from the Start works fine. This happens with no...
  9. SLEEP ON DESKTOP

SLEEP ON DESKTOP: Can anyone help me with a sleep mode problem on my desktop computer, please. Following a recent update from Microsoft, my current state is not restored when wakening from Sleep mode. Instead it tediously presents the Sign In page, then fails to return to most of my previously...
  10. Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.

Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.: I like Win 10! It's really great and good looking. It also performs really well and my laptop starts quite fast. Only one thing that annoys the h... out of me. The reason for this is, that sometimes my laptop just goes to sleep mode. I only have to let it be for 2 minutes...