Windows 10: Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop refresh problem Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my Desktop continually refreshing on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop - Windows 10 Home - Version 1903, 64-bit. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David O'Donoghue, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

Hi,

I have a problem with my Desktop continually refreshing on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop - Windows 10 Home - Version 1903, 64-bit. I have not installed any new software recently and this has happened out of the blue.

I can access Task Manager. I have tried to restart windows explorer but this does not solve the issue.

When I restart in safe mode I repeatedly get the following explorer.exe system error:

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

I have attempted to perform a repair upgrade by downloading the ISO file using the tool in the following location: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

However when I attempt to save the ISO file I get the following Windows 10 setup error:

We're not sure what happened, but we're unable to run the tool on your PC. If you continue experiencing problems, reference the error code when contacting customer support. Error code: 0x8007043C - 0x90018

This appears to relate to performing an unallowed function in safe mode. I don't have access to another PC at the moment.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

David O'Donoghue, Apr 29, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

4. Ahhzz Win User

Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

1. Desktop refresh problem Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop refresh problem

2. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  3. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  4. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  5. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop refresh: Hey, when I press a key on my keyboard while I'm not using a program, my entire desktop and taskbar turn solid yellow, leaving only my cursor, and refresh my theme color is yellow. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 problem does not refresh the folder or desktop: I have windows 10 pro 64bit and ssd and 16gb on my Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO. It happens to me very often on the desktop to copy a file and it does not appear until after a long time or appears if I select refrash. So similarly in the folders .. unzipped a zip file and the...
  8. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  9. 1803 Desktop Refresh Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Desktop Refresh Problem: I installed 1803 from an ISO yesterday performing an upgrade from 1709 ?... and now I notice that the desktop icons and the taskbar refresh themselves frequently I read one user said every 2 mins that sounds about right... to me it seems as if Explorer is refreshing it's self...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. Upgrade went quite smoothly with one very majoy annoyance. THE WINDOWS DESKTOP and TASK BAR is refreshing very frequently. This sometimes makes it impossible to carry out a simple task. If anybody can please help...