Windows 10: Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

Discus and support Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. After months of normal use, I booted yesterday my pc and when I logged into my profile, the desktop started flashing constantly, like it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raynick89, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Raynick89 Win User

Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

Hello. After months of normal use, I booted yesterday my pc and when I logged into my profile, the desktop started flashing constantly, like it's refreshing every 2 seconds. My cursor is a constant spinning wheel, and I can't click anything. I also noticed that the disk usage is at 100 mostly.

I opened the task manager (which also refreshes a long with everything on it's list). I tried safe mode and the issues remain.

I tried many things I saw in forums is similar situations and nothing worked.

I tried the options to fix on reboot, downgrading to former version of Windows , commands, restoring with my files intact and even a hard reset (deleting all of my files).

All the procedures failed. Every helping option ended to an error message. I even got an error on the hard reset that said it was cancelled.

Is this malware?

:)

Raynick89, Sep 5, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What does it exactly means when you say that the taskbar constantly refresh?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to corruptions in Windows components or due to third party security application.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you are able to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue does not persists in Safe mode, place the computer in a clean boot state.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows
    7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

I also suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps to resolve the issues with the. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We

will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing

My HP Envy is experiencing a similar issue. One difference is it came with Win 10 rather than being upgraded to it.

The desktop and taskbar are refreshing every second. The IDP sound driver Uninstall doesn't fix it. Running a clean boot doesn't help. Running a sfc scan won't finish - stalls out around 40%. It's even doing it in safe mode.

I can get into the Task Manager and do a few things, but i have to be super fast. I can't open browsers, I can't really open any apps or programs. I can't open the control panel (i get a failure error when I try). The CPU is running around 90% constantly.
    The processes in the task manager are refreshing too often to determine which one(s) might be causing problems. If I CAN manage to "end task" on explorer, the refreshing stops, but then , naturally, I can't do much else. In short, I've tried pretty much every
    suggestion in this thread to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions that haven't yet been offered here?

MichaelShehan, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

1. Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues. - Similar Threads - Desktop refreshes constantly

2. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  3. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  4. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?: Hey! Hopefully this isn't against the rules but I can't exactly find the problem I have online. I tend to save a lot of things to my desktop while I'm working on them, which is bad practice so maybe I just need to stop doing it, but basically every time something in my...
  6. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  7. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  9. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing: I know this problem has been posted here a million times, but no other solution has yet worked for my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. It's been working mostly without a hitch, but I've run into the dreaded "constant...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...