Windows 10: Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

Discus and support Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail. 181805 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail.

:)

tententwenty, Jun 28, 2021

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Error: 0x80070246, when installing cumulative updates

This has been going on since 1709 I'm on 1809 now! My PC just refuses to install cumulative updates always with an error of 0x80070246. Every other update will install fine.

Here's everything I've done so far:

1. Tried Different Antivirus Programs: AVG, AVAST, Kaspersky, Windows Defender
    2. Scanned PC for Viruses, Malware, spyware, etc.
    3. Manually installing the Updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog
    4. Renamed "Software Distribution" and "Catroot2" folders
    5. Re-registered BITS and Windows update files
    6. Used System File Checker SFC command
    7. Restarted Windows Update Components
    8. Deleted CLFS logs
    9. Used "Reset PC"
    Any other suggestions?

***Original title: Windows Update Won't Install Cumulative Updates***

Adam Garcia, Jun 28, 2021
  4. awalt Win User

Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

Can't install Cumulative Updates for v1909

I was having a different error than you, but still could not get any updates to work without failing after download - whether through Windows Update or downloading from the Catalog and doing it locally. After trying many people's lists of how to reset Windows Update, I finally did the Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation & Upgrade by Shawn Brink. Other than going in and turning off Defender and the Firewall just in case to speed things up when it was "Getting Ready" (this step took about 2 hours for me), this worked flawlessly. I went from a busted 19041.264, to a repaired 19041.84. I was then able to go into Windows Update, and about five updates installed perfectly including the May and June cumulative updates. Just a suggestion if you run out of ideas, I had!

awalt, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

1. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update? - Similar Threads - Desktop refuses download

2. Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop refuses to download/install latest cumulative H2 update?: any idea how I can overcome this? I also tried manually downloading and installing from microsoft catalog, but to no avail. 181805
  3. No desktop after latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No desktop after latest Cumulative update: Hello, last night I updated to the latest cumulative update ( KB4565503), however when I started my PC today, all I am greeted with is a black screen. I can access the task manager with CTRL+ALT+DEL and can through that open up things like Firefox, a folder, etc. But I do...
  4. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  5. Downloads folder after latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder after latest cumulative update: Hi, my PC just installed the cumulative update that stated I needed to update the April 2018 update or something. Anyway, my downloads folder now has these horizontal organizers that read, "A long time ago", "Earlier this year", "Last month", etc. How do I remove or turn...
  6. Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems Downloading/Installing 'Cumulative Updates': Hello, for the last three 'Cumulative Updates' I have brought up the Check for Updates facility, and requested Updates. Usually, several updates appear, one of which is the 'Cumulative Updates (KB...……)'. These last 3 times with the Cumulative Updates 'file', the Preparing to...
  7. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  8. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Support
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  9. Latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....
  10. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10: After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection....