Windows 10: desktop resolution and active signal resolution

Discus and support desktop resolution and active signal resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my desktop resolution set at 1280 x 1024, which is what I want, but the active signal resolution is set at 1920 x 1080. Where can I change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MayonAccounting, Jun 14, 2019.

1. desktop resolution and active signal resolution

I have my desktop resolution set at 1280 x 1024, which is what I want,

but the active signal resolution is set at 1920 x 1080.

Where can I change the active signal resolution to 1280 x 1024?

I have tried going to "display adapter properties" and list all modes,

but this only lets me change the desktop resolution.

:)

MayonAccounting, Jun 14, 2019

2. Incorrect active signal resolution

Hello, I am having problems with the display resolution and would like some help on the matter.

My setup is the following:

- Screen 1: laptop screen - Native resolution 1920x1080

- Screen 2: Dell monitor connected on a USB-C port using a DP adaptor - Native resolution 1920x1080

- Screen 3: Samsung monitor connected over HDMI - Native resolution 1360x768

All monitors are using the integrated Video Card - Intel HD Graphics 620 and my OS is a Windows 10 pro version 1803.

I set the indicated resolution on each screen but the screen 3 is looking blurry. Go to "advanced display settings" and I can see even though the "Desktop resolution" is correctly set, the "Active signal resolution" is set to 1920x1080. From here I go to Display
    adapter properties for Display 3 and select a different mode with my resolution. Nothing changes.

Sometimes I would take the laptop elsewhere and connect another monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution using the HDMI port, so I am guessing that somehow is still detecting the active signal resolution as that one, even though the monitors' models and makers are
    different.

How can I force the "active signal resolution" to be the monitor's native 1360x768 instead of 1920x1080?

maudv-maudv, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Active Signal Resolution

I am not familiar with the phrase "Active Signal Resolution", but if you are connecting an additional monitor, try using Win + P to select the mode that you want for the secondary screen, such as replicating the first screen or extending it. The screen
    resolution should be handled automatically by the communications between the display adapter and each screen, or you can change each one separately by right-clicking the Windows Desktop of each screen and selecting Display Settings.

Don Cuthbert, Jun 14, 2019
  4. desktop resolution and active signal resolution

Active Signal Resolution

Hi i'm trying to change my Active Signal Resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 so I can use an additional screen.

SteveWarren1, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

desktop resolution and active signal resolution

1. desktop resolution and active signal resolution - Similar Threads - desktop resolution active

2. Active Signal resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Signal resolution: Hi, So i have a mid 2014 Imac that i bootcamp and got windows 10 on it.I have it on windows for lets say about 2 or 3 years and i never had any problems. Today i was trying to play my game That is Dahood on roblox and i play on 1080x1080 but it was not working. When i checked...
  3. Active Signal resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Signal resolution: Hi, So i have a mid 2014 Imac that i bootcamp and got windows 10 on it.I have it on windows for lets say about 2 or 3 years and i never had any problems. Today i was trying to play my game That is Dahood on roblox and i play on 1080x1080 but it was not working. When i checked...
  4. Active Signal resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution: Hi all, I have two monitors, my main is a 1440p monitor while my second is a 1080p. I use a application for animated wallpapers and waned to have them align better. So i set a custom resolution through AMD Radeon to 2560 x 1440. Im looking at the advanced display settings and...
  6. Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution: Hi all, I have two monitors, my main is a 1440p monitor while my second is a 1080p. I use a application for animated wallpapers and waned to have them align better. So i set a custom resolution through AMD Radeon to 2560 x 1440. Im looking at the advanced display settings and...
  7. Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution

8. Active signal resolution

Active signal resolution: Hi, so my screen setup is 1 laptop display 2 external monitor. they both run at 1080p but different hz. i want to change my laptop display to a custom resolution but the active signal resolution remains the same. How can i make them match?...
  9. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  10. Active Signal Resolution

Active Signal Resolution: Hi i'm trying to change my Active Signal Resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 so I can use an additional screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-signal-resolution/7102634e-f9ab-4c19-b504-1b8f5064f19c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active singal resolution

2. desktop vs active signal resolution

3. windows 10 active signal rsolution

4. what is active signal resolution ,
  5. windows 10 use active signal resolution,
  6. Desktop resolution vs active signal resolution,
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Resolution Active signal resolution,
  8. Windows Active resolution Desktop resolution