Windows 10: Desktop Resolution

Discus and support Desktop Resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since Win10 upgraded I can't get any more than 1280 x 1084. I used to get 1920 x 1200. I can't find a setting anywhere that will let me get back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TamMcB, Apr 17, 2019.

1. TamMcB Win User

Desktop Resolution

Since Win10 upgraded I can't get any more than 1280 x 1084. I used to get 1920 x 1200. I can't find a setting anywhere that will let me get back to that.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

TamMcB, Apr 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 17, 2019
  4. ChrisR90 Win User

Desktop Resolution

errorr invalid Desktop resolution 0x0

I have the same issue, it started right after installing the Windows 10 Creator's Update.

Here is how I fixed it:

• Right-click the desktop, left click "Display Settings"
    • Write down what your current resolution is (1920 x 1080 in my case), then change it to 800 x 600 and click "Keep Changes"
    • Start Hoyle
    • Exit Hoyle
    • Right-click the desktop, left click "Display Settings"
    • Change the resolution from 800 x 600 back to what you wrote down in step 2) and click "Keep Changes"
    • Start Hoyle again and it should still work
    Hoyle now works under the original resolution of 1920 x 1080 for me so this appears to be some glitch with the Windows 10 Creators Update fixed by changing the resolution and changing it back.

ChrisR90, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Resolution

1. Desktop Resolution - Similar Threads - Desktop Resolution

2. Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut: I want to know what the syntax is to change the desktop resolution from within a shortcut on the desktop. It's a parameter that follows the .exe location in the Target field of the desktop shortcut. I need to know what the parameter is to change the screen resolution and how...
  3. Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut: I want to know what the syntax is to change the desktop resolution from within a shortcut on the desktop. It's a parameter that follows the .exe location in the Target field of the desktop shortcut. I need to know what the parameter is to change the screen resolution and how...
  4. My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...: Hello Microsoft Community,As mentioned above, when I enter a game with the resolution different from the native res and change the resolution manually through settings, the desktop res does change properly but the active signal mode does not change, leading to stretched...
  5. My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...

My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...: Hello Microsoft Community,As mentioned above, when I enter a game with the resolution different from the native res and change the resolution manually through settings, the desktop res does change properly but the active signal mode does not change, leading to stretched...
  6. How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution: I have tried the display list modes and change between the different solutions and it says the 1920x1080 is the recommend but it can go up to 4k...
  7. How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution

How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution: I have tried the display list modes and change between the different solutions and it says the 1920x1080 is the recommend but it can go up to 4k...
  8. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop resolution.: My desktop and active resolutions are both shown to be 1920 1080 which gives me a good display. When I turn on the computor it changes and the icons are bigger and display is slightly out of focus. if I restart it is then back to 1920 1080. How do I save the 1920 1080...
  9. My desktop resolution.

My desktop resolution.: My desktop and active resolutions are both shown to be 1920 1080 which gives me a good display. When I turn on the computor it changes and the icons are bigger and display is slightly out of focus. if I restart it is then back to 1920 1080. How do I save the 1920 1080...
  10. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization