Windows 10: Desktop resolution

Discus and support Desktop resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; When I load Excel, though the desk top is crisp, the Excel panel is fuzzy (clearly wrong resolution set) When I load Google Earth it tells me that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by harrythe, May 12, 2016.

1. harrythe Win User

Desktop resolution

When I load Excel, though the desk top is crisp, the Excel panel is fuzzy (clearly wrong resolution set) When I load Google Earth it tells me that the "Desktop resolution is set to less than 1024X768.
    Under "Settings" the display is at 1920X1080 so what is wrong? Anyone have any ideas please?

Harry

:)

harrythe, May 12, 2016

2. desktop resolution changed

Overnight my desktop resolution changed and made everything large. I'm running windows 10 & there are no updates

JamesMulcahy-1949, May 12, 2016
  3. desktop resolution changed

Hi James,

Some changes in your desktop resolution can be an outcome of outdated graphics card drivers. That being said, updating, uninstalling, and reinstalling the graphics card drivers can be done to resolve this.

Refer to this article:
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the list of procedures on how you can successfully accomplish the above processes. These methods will help us identify the appropriate drivers to run in your system to prevent any issues that may arise while
    maximizing the performance of your graphics and display resolution.

If the above instructions won't work, we highly advise getting and installing the most recent graphics card drivers from your manufacturer's website.

We'll be waiting here for the update and result of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 12, 2016
Thema:

Desktop resolution

1. Desktop resolution - Similar Threads - Desktop resolution

2. Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut: I want to know what the syntax is to change the desktop resolution from within a shortcut on the desktop. It's a parameter that follows the .exe location in the Target field of the desktop shortcut. I need to know what the parameter is to change the screen resolution and how...
  3. Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need syntax for changing screen resolution using parameter in Target field of desktop shortcut: I want to know what the syntax is to change the desktop resolution from within a shortcut on the desktop. It's a parameter that follows the .exe location in the Target field of the desktop shortcut. I need to know what the parameter is to change the screen resolution and how...
  4. My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...: Hello Microsoft Community,As mentioned above, when I enter a game with the resolution different from the native res and change the resolution manually through settings, the desktop res does change properly but the active signal mode does not change, leading to stretched...
  5. My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...

My desktop mode resolution and active signal mode was not matching when changing...: Hello Microsoft Community,As mentioned above, when I enter a game with the resolution different from the native res and change the resolution manually through settings, the desktop res does change properly but the active signal mode does not change, leading to stretched...
  6. How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution: I have tried the display list modes and change between the different solutions and it says the 1920x1080 is the recommend but it can go up to 4k...
  7. How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution

How can I change the Active Signal mode to match the desktop resolution: I have tried the display list modes and change between the different solutions and it says the 1920x1080 is the recommend but it can go up to 4k...
  8. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop resolution.: My desktop and active resolutions are both shown to be 1920 1080 which gives me a good display. When I turn on the computor it changes and the icons are bigger and display is slightly out of focus. if I restart it is then back to 1920 1080. How do I save the 1920 1080...
  9. My desktop resolution.

My desktop resolution.: My desktop and active resolutions are both shown to be 1920 1080 which gives me a good display. When I turn on the computor it changes and the icons are bigger and display is slightly out of focus. if I restart it is then back to 1920 1080. How do I save the 1920 1080...
  10. My desktop resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization