Windows 10: Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

Discus and support Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Each time I shutdown my computer, after a second or two, it restarts by itself. How do I prevent this from recurring?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Liam de Groot, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

Each time I shutdown my computer, after a second or two, it restarts by itself. How do I prevent this from recurring?

:)

Liam de Groot, Jul 26, 2018
  2. little cat, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

Try below command:

Code: shutdown -h now[/quote]
    If above command wont work try below suggestion.

• Click the “K” menu in the bottom left corner.
    • Click “Logout”.
    • Knoppix will begin shutting down.
    • The Knoppix CD will be ejected.
    • Remove the CD and close the tray.
    • Press Enter on the keyboard.
    • Knoppix will attempt to turn off the computer automatically. If it doesn't turn off automatically, it is now safe to turn off the computer yourself using the power button.

FreeBooter, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

1. Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown - Similar Threads - Desktop Restarts Automatically

2. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN: Please help. This issue has been bothering me for 2 days. My PC restarts after clicking on SHUTDOWN. No blue screens no errors, just plain defiance. I tried a lot of hardware steps so please don't suggest those.I did the basic steps like fast startup disabled, etc and even...
  3. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN: Please help. This issue has been bothering me for 2 days. My PC restarts after clicking on SHUTDOWN. No blue screens no errors, just plain defiance. I tried a lot of hardware steps so please don't suggest those.I did the basic steps like fast startup disabled, etc and even...
  4. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.: My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After restarting, partition F is no longer visible in File Explorer. I repeat the process with the same results. My other partitions...
  6. Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program: Hello everyone! I have recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 5800x from an i7 7700k. As soon as I did that my Windows started black screening and restarting anytime I try to open a game or program. I already reinstalled windows and the issue persisted. If anyone has an idea...
  7. Desktops clear upon shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktops clear upon shutdown?: I am thinking of setting up multiple desktops for my different workflows (I do a lot of complex things from stocks to programming), each with special layouts that I find bothersome to reopen every time I want to switch activities. Is there a way for these layouts to stay even...
  8. driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!: My computer starts to lag, So I try to shut down or restart and then it doesn't and simply instead gives blue screen of death with error written: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. no other error code. Even after completing at 100% the blue screen still remains for ours and never...
  9. WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WDF_Violation upon Restart or Shutdown Win 10 Zenbook: Hi, I'm getting a Bluescreen Error consistently on shutdown or restart. It must be a driver issue but I can't identify it. I've uploaded a Minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_GdyMtuosgi-Hph9S6Vq5zibK?e=KhhCl0 Any thoughts? Thanks!...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...