Windows 10: Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update.

Discus and support Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I hadn't right clicked on my desktop in a while and today I found a command prompt and also a Safe Mode reboot option! *Biggrin Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidgsmith, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update.

Hello Everyone,
    I hadn't right clicked on my desktop in a while and today I found a command prompt and also a Safe Mode reboot option! *Biggrin

Was that put in with the update or had it been there all along and I am getting senile?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

:)

davidgsmith, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 24, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update.

Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

Thanks popeye
    Step 5 in that post will not work in Windows 10 so here's an update.
    Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.

Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update. [​IMG]

3. On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
    4. Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    5. CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
    6. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update.

1. Desktop Right-click Menu in Oct 2018 update. - Similar Threads - Desktop Right click

2. Desktop right-click menu does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop right-click menu does not work: When I right-click on the desktop, the cursor changes to a spinning icon, but I never get a menu to pop up. Right-click works everywhere else, just not on the desktop. Is is a brand new computer with Windows 10 installed. What might be wrong?...
  3. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  4. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  5. (ORION) RIGHT-CLICK Menu Stopped Working on Desktop

(ORION) RIGHT-CLICK Menu Stopped Working on Desktop: Hey guys.. sorry to bother you all again.. But for some odd-reason, after Buying "StarDock Fences Software" 12 Hours later.. the Right Click Menu stopped working.. I read a recommendation somewhere,.. where running "Disc Cleanup" and doing a "sfc /scannow" would fix...
  6. Right click Start Menu

Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  7. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  8. Right click menu issue

Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  9. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...
  10. edit the right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    edit the right click menu: How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML editor (Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, etc....) rather then Microsoft Word? Thanks 64829