Windows 10: Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly

Discus and support Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My rotating desktop backgrounds using my own photos quits and displays a plain green background until I select the next background. Why is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamBenson5, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly

My rotating desktop backgrounds using my own photos quits and displays a plain green background until I select the next background. Why is it automatically stopping and moving to a generic background?

:)

WilliamBenson5, Aug 1, 2020

2. rotate maps on desktop

Rotate maps? If you want to turn your desktop 90/180/270 degrees it's different per videocard vendor. It's in the options though, Intel has ctrl+alt+arrow shortcuts, nv and ati have it listed as well in their control panels.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly

1. Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly - Similar Threads - Desktop rotating backgrounds

2. Background rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background rotation: Win 7 use to let my background slide show change as often as every 10 sec. The shortest option on win 10 was only down to 1 min. that's even way too long Is there some way to get shorter intervals with win 10?...
  3. YourPhone Desktop Camera Rotation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YourPhone Desktop Camera Rotation: When using Your Phone on Windows 10 every screen except the camera will rotate according to the orientation of my Android phone. What needs to be done to resolve this? There is no rotation option on the windows app or in the phone's camera settings. Using apps such as...
  4. background colours correction

background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  5. desktop background is not working

desktop background is not working: [ATTACH]i need a help for this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-is-not-working/1fa12a30-f0af-4edd-8a13-a3421ac536c5
  6. Multi desktop background rotation.

Multi desktop background rotation.: Hello, I fill so stupid, but really can't find a solution. So, I have 2 monitors, with 2 different resolutions for that I would like to have different backgrounds on them. I create a folder with the 2 images and set them as desktop, but every X time, they swap and the...
  7. Windows 10 background slideshow timer not working correctly.

Windows 10 background slideshow timer not working correctly.: So the problem is simple: I set the slideshow timer to 1 day. It worked just fine for couple of days. Then it started to change the background randomly although the timer was still set to 1 day. As example: I set the timer at 8:00 pm. The background should change next day...
  8. Desktop background not working

Desktop background not working: I've gone into the personalizaion menu and clicked the background tab, selected slideshow, selected my folder, chose how often i want the pictures to change and chose my fit and no picture pops up in the background. I've restarted my laptop and still nothing seems to work....
  9. Desktop Background doesnt hold correctly

Desktop Background doesnt hold correctly: Have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Set a desktop background as part of initial setup. Picked a photo of my daughter and used the fill option to display the image correctly on the screen. Every day, the background image gets set to a stretched version of the...
  10. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...