Windows 10: Desktop says no internet access, can use chrome etc no problem but onedrive etc not connected

Discus and support Desktop says no internet access, can use chrome etc no problem but onedrive etc not connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Very frustrating, all in the name. This happens almost every single time my desktop starts up. I have the "no internet; secured" symbol in my tray,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NikitaRodgers, May 3, 2020.

1. Desktop says no internet access, can use chrome etc no problem but onedrive etc not connected

Very frustrating, all in the name. This happens almost every single time my desktop starts up. I have the "no internet; secured" symbol in my tray, can google fine posting this question for example but my Word won't connect to onedrive and I get the "not connected" error. It is insanely frustrating to have to reboot every time I want to use my computer.

:)

NikitaRodgers, May 3, 2020

2. Only Chrome can connect to the Internet.

To resolve the particular error messages that you're having, we suggest you perform the steps below to disable proxy server:

• Click the Tools button in Internet Explorer, then click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box which says Use a Proxy Server for your LAN, then click
      OK.

You can also follow the steps on this
    article
    that lists all steps that can help you when you're having issues with internet connection.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 3, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Desktop says no internet access, can use chrome etc no problem but onedrive etc not connected

internet connection problem

So yeah..this is for a friend,she has 3 computers connected to the router right.
    Her computer,her dads and her brothers.
    The problem is..there all connected and they can access internet fine but her brothers computer can't access internet explorer or mozilla firefox,it shows blank page.
    Any sugguestion on fixing this? he is connected by wireless like his sister but his sister can go on mozilla firefox no problem but he can't.

kurosagi01, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Desktop says no internet access, can use chrome etc no problem but onedrive etc not connected

1. Desktop says no internet access, can use chrome etc no problem but onedrive etc not connected - Similar Threads - Desktop says internet

2. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  3. OneDrive Moved all files - cannot access desktop, downloads, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Moved all files - cannot access desktop, downloads, etc.: I moved the files in my OneDrive folder into my personal vault to clear up some room. This were mostly photos and some ppt and documents and some videos. After this my entire desktop, downloads, photos, all my computer files were gone. I reset my OneDrive to yesterday, but I...
  4. OneDrive Moved all files - cannot access desktop, downloads, etc.

OneDrive Moved all files - cannot access desktop, downloads, etc.: I moved the files in my OneDrive folder into my personal vault to clear up some room. This were mostly photos and some ppt and documents and some videos. After this my entire desktop, downloads, photos, all my computer files were gone. I reset my OneDrive to yesterday, but I...
  5. Multiple instances of Desktop, Pictures, OneDrive, etc.?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple instances of Desktop, Pictures, OneDrive, etc.?: Suddenly, I have three of almost everything! I am not using OneDrive, and each instance points to the same location, so nothing seems to have been copied - incidentally, I am out of drive space but not sure if that's related or not....
  6. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  7. Laptop apps Settings, Etc say not connected to network or internet but browser connects to...

Laptop apps Settings, Etc say not connected to network or internet but browser connects to...: Asus laptop-Windows 10. Laptop Win 10 built-in apps Settings, Etc say not connected to wifi network or internet. But browser connects to home wifi network and internet, surfs with no problems. Tried many fixes-->>reloaded win 10, reset PC, ran win 10 troubleshooters for...
  8. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???: Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan. I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one...
  9. No internet, can't connect to network etc.

No internet, can't connect to network etc.: For past 3 weeks I've had a problem with network on windows 10 64 bit (1809 17763.379) Dell XPS 15. It applies only to the first wifi network I connected to, the second one seems fine. Issue #1 Everytime system boots it either cannot to the network or when it connects...
  10. Network Status says No connected but I have internet access. Can't access stores etc

Network Status says No connected but I have internet access. Can't access stores etc: I'm having trouble with this badly. I had to do a reset of my computer and upon trying to connect to my wifi network, it keeps saying I'm secured but no internet access, however I am online. But because of this, I can't get access to Microsoft stores etc because it says I...