Windows 10: Desktop Screen back to default setting

Discus and support Desktop Screen back to default setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; G'day, I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how I can get my Desktop Screen back to its default settings. Thank you Perry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aussie Perry, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Desktop Screen back to default setting

G'day, I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how I can get my Desktop Screen back to its default settings. Thank you Perry

:)

Aussie Perry, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Desktop Screen back to default setting

I want to get the default images back for lock screen and desktop

Hi Ryan,

To change the lockscreen and desktop background to default, follow the steps provided below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Background.
    • In the right pane, click on the drop down list under Background
      and select Picture.
    • Choose the default picture displayed below the drop down list.
    • Follow the same steps to change the lockscreen image as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Screen back to default setting

1. Desktop Screen back to default setting - Similar Threads - Desktop Screen default

2. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  3. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  4. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote desktop - Set default settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - Set default settings.: Hi there, I click onto an rdp file everyday to remote into my work comouter but have to select certain options each time which is a pain. Is there anyway I can default some boxes to be ticked everytime. The boxes I want ticked/Unticked are:- TICK Use all monitors- TICK Record...
  6. Remote desktop - Set default settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - Set default settings.: Hi there, I click onto an rdp file everyday to remote into my work comouter but have to select certain options each time which is a pain. Is there anyway I can default some boxes to be ticked everytime. The boxes I want ticked/Unticked are:- TICK Use all monitors- TICK Record...
  7. How to change back to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change back to default settings: Hey, I have been downloadings MODS for the sims 4, but i accidently right clicked one of the programs/mods i downloaded and clicked "make iternet explorer" my default to open the files. I didnt want this, how do i change it back??...
  8. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  9. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. How to Set Screen and Text oolors Back to Default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Set Screen and Text oolors Back to Default?: I was mesing around and now background is black with yellow text. I did a google search on the problem, but I can't read the text, much of it is blue against black, for some reason. Please help. Thanks. (I hope I can read your posts) 77282