Windows 10: Desktop screen bug

Discus and support Desktop screen bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kgxn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/unblmw/desktop_screen_bug/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kgxn, May 11, 2022.

1. /u/Kgxn Win User

Desktop screen bug

/u/Kgxn, May 11, 2022
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, May 11, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 11, 2022
  4. TIGR Win User

Desktop screen bug

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

Thema:

Desktop screen bug

1. Desktop screen bug - Similar Threads - Desktop screen bug

2. Desktop HotTrack bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop HotTrack bug?: same question as this one check it for imagesdesktop hot track diffrent from file managerdesktop one looks like tracing without any colorsfor some reason i cant upload images...
  3. Desktop HotTrack bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop HotTrack bug?: same question as this one check it for imagesdesktop hot track diffrent from file managerdesktop one looks like tracing without any colorsfor some reason i cant upload images...
  4. Desktop HotTrack bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Opening Desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Desktop Bug: Hello MS User We Have a Something BugWhile Im trying to open desktopWatch here :https://youtu.be/Si6OuKL-3G0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-desktop-bug/d19720bf-c5e4-4755-bcf8-7a36563113f7
  6. Opening Desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Desktop Bug: Hello MS User We Have a Something BugWhile Im trying to open desktopWatch here :https://youtu.be/Si6OuKL-3G0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-desktop-bug/d19720bf-c5e4-4755-bcf8-7a36563113f7
  7. Desktop/Fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/Fullscreen bug: I've been having this problem for a while now and I haven't found a solution. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it usually happens when I alt tab. It's only happened when I play league of legends or when I have discord open. Lets say I'm on chrome and I alt tab to...
  8. A desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A desktop Bug: I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my icons and sometimes my taskbar got stuck, I have to put to put it on sleep multiple times so as to overcome this problem. I...
  9. Minor Bug On Desktop

Minor Bug On Desktop: Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that the Folder icons is not updated. Usually, when I put something into a folder, it would automatically update the icon to tell...
  10. Desktop BUG.

Desktop BUG.: Before the my Hp laptop was reset, There's a Bug causing the Windows 10 desktop icon sketch and can't fit many icon as it will disappear due the screen resolution of it.I don't have any idea to fix it. [ATTACH]...