Windows 10: Desktop screen darkens when mouse is near edge of screen

Discus and support Desktop screen darkens when mouse is near edge of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a new desktop computer with Windows 10 , and it appears that when on the desktop and I move the mouse near the edges of the screen, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeltedClowns, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Desktop screen darkens when mouse is near edge of screen

I just got a new desktop computer with Windows 10 , and it appears that when on the desktop and I move the mouse near the edges of the screen, the entire screen darkens / reduces brightness.

After looking online I found no real solutions to my problem, only for laptop computers....

There is no option for adaptive brightness, and my display drivers NVIDIA are up to date.

The power management mode is set to max power.

Is there a way to disable or prevent this behavior?

:)

MeltedClowns, Jul 2, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Jul 2, 2020
  3. TheMoot Win User
    Disable when the mouse is at the edge of the screen in windows 7, shows desktop.

When I move the mouse to the edge of the screen in windows 7, the view changes to the desktop.

How do I disable this?

TheMoot, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Desktop screen darkens when mouse is near edge of screen

from last two days my lumia 535 screen goes black when calling and put near the ear but did not come back if you put away

When in a call if you place it near your ear the screen should go dark. If you move it away from your ear it should turn back on.

If that is not happening and tapping on the screen turns it on then possibly the sensor is dirty and needs cleaning. Clearly the sensor is working since the screen darkens when placed near your ear but it just might be dirty enough not to turn back on.

There is nothing else I can suggest and there are no setting to adjust.

Just my thoughts.....

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Desktop screen darkens when mouse is near edge of screen

1. Desktop screen darkens when mouse is near edge of screen - Similar Threads - Desktop screen darkens

2. My screen Darkens when I move my Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen Darkens when I move my Cursor: Everytime I move my Mousepointer my screen Dims or Darkens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-darkens-when-i-move-my-cursor/bca05dfb-27ac-4c00-993b-f72037fcd9d9
  3. My screen Darkens when I move my Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen Darkens when I move my Cursor: Everytime I move my Mousepointer my screen Dims or Darkens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-darkens-when-i-move-my-cursor/bca05dfb-27ac-4c00-993b-f72037fcd9d9
  4. why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen: when i split screen the side that i am not currently on darkens and it is very annoying my laptop is a hp envy 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dose-half-of-the-screen-darken-when-i-split/82686cf3-d096-450c-9c2d-9725d5dedbbb
  5. why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen

why dose half of the screen darken when i split screen: when i split screen the side that i am not currently on darkens and it is very annoying my laptop is a hp envy 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dose-half-of-the-screen-darken-when-i-split/82686cf3-d096-450c-9c2d-9725d5dedbbb
  6. Why is my screen darkening when I switch tabs?

Why is my screen darkening when I switch tabs?: Everytime I alt-tab, or switch windows, my screen will darken significantly. It doesn't matter if it is between two chrome tabs or a word tab and some other application. My computer is up to date and I am on windows 11. The only way I am able to temporarily fix the issue is...
  7. Screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark page: My screen darkens considerably when viewing a dark image or web page, all elements darken, images and user interface. As soon as I navigate to a brighter page, the brightness fades back up again. This has been happening since March 2020. Windows 10 Home x64 AMD Radeon R9...
  8. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed: When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental issue as my laptop hasn't left my room and the lighting doesn't change. I've had this same issue with my old Acer Nitro 5. Is...
  9. Edge Home Screen/Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Home Screen/Desktop: I used my desktop Windows 10 touchscreen on my new Dell Inspiron 5488 AIO a big pain in the **** to do--about 6 steps; surely that can't be rightand when I toggled back to the mouse/keyboard the homescreen/desktop didn't revert to how it was originally. I have--I don't know...
  10. Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Schedule screen sleep timeout does not darken screen: I have been experiencing this problem for at least the past three weeks (today is 11/27/2019). I normally have my power settings set to have the screen go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. This was working fine up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have been online for...