Windows 10: Desktop Screen has moved to the left.

Discus and support Desktop Screen has moved to the left. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dark strip down the right side of the screen, this makes it hard to access the start and menu buttons on the left side. Have tried changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wyndra1, Nov 9, 2018.

1. wyndra1 Win User

Desktop Screen has moved to the left.

I have a dark strip down the right side of the screen, this makes it hard to access the start and menu buttons on the left side.

Have tried changing screen resolution, does not help.

Am running latest Windows and have a NOC screen which I have also tried correcting from.

Any help appreciated thanks.

:)

wyndra1, Nov 9, 2018

2. Cannot put icons on the left side of my desktop

Hi Charlie,

You should be able to arrange your desktop icons however you want. Since you want them all aligned on the left side of your desktop screen, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, check Align icons to grid. Your icons should now be aligned on the left side of the screen.

Let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 9, 2018
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Screen has moved to the left. - Similar Threads - Desktop Screen has

2. Page has moved to the right of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page has moved to the right of screen: my page has moved over to the right and i cannot view all of the page how do i move it back to full screen, the icons to make fill screen are too far over for me to hit aswell?...
  3. Page has moved to the right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page has moved to the right of screen: my page has moved over to the right and i cannot view all of the page how do i move it back to full screen, the icons to make fill screen are too far over for me to hit aswell?...
  4. Cannot move taskbar to left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move taskbar to left: Split from this thread.Is there a way of going back to the other windows? I can't move my taskbar to the left side. And I am so used to it being there. I now have to use the hiding bar. ugh.thanks...
  5. Center of the screen is moved to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Center of the screen is moved to the left.: Hey, my center of the screen is moved to the left. It looks as though Windows 10 has a margin that is larger on the right and smaller on the left. In all applications, what should be in the center is more to the left. Please help, this is really annoying! My hardware: 11600K,...
  6. desktop icons move on the 2 screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move on the 2 screens?: Is there a way to fix the icons on the desktop of Windows 10 or something like that desktop icons verschieben sich auf den 2 bildschirme?
  7. White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen: A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything that i open on my my desktop. Please see screanshots for clearance. [IMG]...
  8. Cannot move curser of an extended desktop to the left only the right.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot move curser of an extended desktop to the left only the right.: I am running three monitors prior to today I was able to move my mouse from the center monitor to the right or to the left. I can only move my mouse from center to the right and to get to the left monitor Need help in fixing this...
  9. Desktop not visible on left side of screen

Desktop not visible on left side of screen: left side of picture is quarter inch off screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-visible-on-left-side-of-screen/26661bc3-65be-4cf6-bf80-9f21b71d7aeb
  10. Desktop icons move back to left after refreshinh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons move back to left after refreshinh: I have given up trying to solve this problem. I move the icos to where I want them but as soon as I refresjh the Desktop they go to the left in an unordered fashion. Now, I want to go back to 8.1 but would like to know if I can migrate back to Windows 10 in the future when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move curser from one screen to another left to right

2. windows 10 scree has moved to left