Windows 10: Desktop screen has shrunk - need to restore to original

Discus and support Desktop screen has shrunk - need to restore to original in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded an app from Big Fish - after downloading it, my desktop screen now has shrunk 2 inches of black screen on each side How can I restore the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianneChapman, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Desktop screen has shrunk - need to restore to original

I downloaded an app from Big Fish - after downloading it, my desktop screen now has shrunk 2 inches of black screen on each side How can I restore the original desktop size?

:)

DianneChapman, Jun 22, 2020

2. After Windows 10 update desktop icons shrunk

After microsoft put in updates today all the icons on my desktop have shrunk??

Original Title: updates

cynthialocke, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Can't Restore Desktop to Original Location

Hi,

I moved my Desktop to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Desktop shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to restore it to its original location, but it fails and I receive this error: Failed to build the list of regular
    subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied.

Is there a way to fix this without having to create a new user?

Thanks!

DenniRussel, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Desktop screen has shrunk - need to restore to original

how to restore original screen

How do you get desktop icons back to the main screen? also need to have icons on right side restored back to original positioning

RobertShafer1, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Desktop screen has shrunk - need to restore to original

1. Desktop screen has shrunk - need to restore to original - Similar Threads - Desktop screen has

2. my screen shrunk!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen shrunk!: Hi, I'm on a Dynabook and there are strange black barriers along the sides of my computer. I was wondering if anyone has faced this problem before. If you have it would be amazing if you could tell me how to fix it, in a way that a 5th grader would understand. Thank you!...
  3. my screen shrunk!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my screen shrunk!: Hi, I'm on a Dynabook and there are strange black barriers along the sides of my computer. I was wondering if anyone has faced this problem before. If you have it would be amazing if you could tell me how to fix it, in a way that a 5th grader would understand. Thank you!...
  4. my screen shrunk!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location: Hi!,I moved my Desktop to my D drive but didn't make a new folder named desktop. Now desktop is mixed with other folders/content of my d drive. I wanted to restore it to its original location which is in the local C drive but it fails and I receive this: "The Folder can't be...
  6. I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location: Hi!,I moved my Desktop to my D drive but didn't make a new folder named desktop. Now desktop is mixed with other folders/content of my d drive. I wanted to restore it to its original location which is in the local C drive but it fails and I receive this: "The Folder can't be...
  7. Can't restore desktop to original location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't restore desktop to original location: Hi, I moved my Desktop to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Desktop shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to restore it to its original location, but it fails and I receive this error: Failed to build the list of regular...
  8. My screen has been accidently shrunk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen has been accidently shrunk: I have tried all available resolutions but none have worked. The screen was accidently shrunk using keyboard and I cannot rectify this. There are black blocks on either side of computer screen and I need to widen it....
  9. my screen shrunk

my screen shrunk: how to get my screen and apps back to normal size cant use word due to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-shrunk/029e9864-add1-4f63-99b4-ecaa2635018a
  10. Screen Resolution shrunk in size

Screen Resolution shrunk in size: [IMG] Hi after a full reset I did on my Acer Predator Helios 300, my screen resolution shrunk in size with almost 3 inch black border at the bottom and 4 on the right. I tried almost every solution I found in this community but nothing really worked. I even tried rolling...