Windows 10: Desktop Screen is Black

Discus and support Desktop Screen is Black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The screen on Desktop computer shows a black background and the text is mostly yellow. How can I change it to normal. I also found out that Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chrys&, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Chrys& Win User

Desktop Screen is Black

The screen on Desktop computer shows a black background and the text is mostly yellow. How can I change it to normal. I also found out that Windows was update a few hours ago.

I have read about related problems here and their solutions, but it seems as if the updated version of Windows, does not have the same features.

Regards

:)

Chrys&, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Desktop Screen is Black

Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Screen is Black

1. Desktop Screen is Black - Similar Threads - Desktop Screen Black

2. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  3. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  4. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen: Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl alt del I have been able to open taskbar and it shows 50-90% cpu use I think the explorer.exe task also refreshes. This...
  5. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared): Hi everyone, Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying...
  6. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  7. Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop black screen: Hi When I log on I briefly have access to my desktop but after a few seconds or if i try to get to my settings the whole screen goes black. However my mouse arrow stays visible and I can move it but theres nothing to click on to. Please can anyone help???...
  8. Windows 10 black screen - no desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen - no desktop: I recently installed Windows 10 retail on a new Asus Hero vII. Everything worked well for a while and I was able to install software. Now, I suddenly get a black screen on startup. I type in my Pin and I see my usual desktop background photo, but there are no icons. Also,...
  9. Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen: Hello there ! soo I installed desktop gadget for my win 10 and for some weird reason when I am in dota 2 menu and then go back to desktop (windows button or alt+tab) my gadgets (default windows gadgets) calendar, weather and CPU&RAM meter turns black like there is only...
  10. Black screen instead of desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen instead of desktop: Hi, When I boot my pc sometimes I get a black screen. But by pressing ctr alt & delete I can log out, and then login and its then OK. Can any one please help. I have reset my pc but its still the same. 21458