Windows 10: Desktop Screen Missing

Discus and support Desktop Screen Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not know how it occurred, but my desktop screen is not showing and I have the start menu down the left hand side of my screen. I prefer to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mspectorsc, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Desktop Screen Missing

I do not know how it occurred, but my desktop screen is not showing and I have the start menu down the left hand side of my screen.

I prefer to have my Desktop and Desktop icons as the main home screen. The Desktop screen and Icons will come up monetarily when I close out of an application. I have tried everything I can from the personalization and I can figure out how to get back to my previous screen settings.

:)

Mspectorsc, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 21, 2018
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

4. Desktop Screen Missing

Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Screen Missing

1. Desktop Screen Missing - Similar Threads - Desktop Screen Missing

2. Missing Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Desktop: Hi community. I hope I provide enough information to resolve my dilemma. So my computer originally came installed with Windows 10, a 500 GB SSD drive as primary and 1 TB SATA HD for storage . I was running out of space on both of them so I purchased a 2 TB SSD drive to use as...
  3. Desktop Missing

Desktop Missing: Hello , a problem after a Dec 2rd update for Windows 10 ver 2004. The desktop screen is being prevented from being shown by a white screen which did have other types of icons on it before I removed them. It is useless to right click on this screen to show the desktop because...
  4. Missing Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Desktop: Since my Windows 10 update 4-12-20 my normal desktop only flashes up for a moment and then is replaced by ? cortano. I have lost all control over my desktop icons and the only given answer is to go to personalization and background and themes and bla bla. I'm not happy...
  5. Missing folders and icons from desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders and icons from desktop screen: Hello, I have a problem, after uninstalling Blizzard launcher, some of my desktop folders and icons disappeared. I don't know what happened, everything worked until then. Can anyone help me, please? 141013
  6. Bubbles Screen Saver Desktop Background Is Missing

Bubbles Screen Saver Desktop Background Is Missing: Hi All, I just purchased a brand new Dell Computer with windows 10 installed on it. I went to enable the bubbles screen saver and performed a test and it showed the bubbles and the desktop background both in the preview and the full screen test. When the screen saver starts...
  7. Missing Desktop

Missing Desktop: Following a power cut I cannot get my desktop back The message shown comes up [ATTACH] and I get a black screen with a non-responsive start button. I have limited navigability through hidden icons via "open devices and printers" Any ideas?...
  8. Desktop is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop is missing: Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window. 117756
  9. Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED

Missing desktop screen Windows 10 SOLVED: I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop which can be used as a tablet. I always use it as a laptop, never as a tablet. I booted it up as usual and, no desktop screen. Gone. Missing. All I saw was the Start Screen. Where was my beloved desktop screen? Where was my taskbar icons?...
  10. Desktop missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop missing: Installed win10 a few days ago. After install the desktop would flicker for a minute or 2 and then disappear. Now after restart no desktop at all. Windows says graphics card (drivers15.200.1045.1) were updated during install. 13785