Windows 10: Desktop screen off center

Discus and support Desktop screen off center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop screen is offcenter and thre is a one inch black bar running down the left side. I can't see the volume and time and when in a document, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhoebeBurgess, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Desktop screen off center

My desktop screen is offcenter and thre is a one inch black bar running down the left side. I can't see the volume and time and when in a document, I have to drag it to the left, so I can close it. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

PhoebeBurgess, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 12, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

Desktop screen off center

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

Thema:

Desktop screen off center

1. Desktop screen off center - Similar Threads - Desktop screen off

2. OneDrive "activity center" appearing partially off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "activity center" appearing partially off screen: After upgrading to Windows 11, my OneDrive "activity center" window opened when clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray appears but is cut off. As if most of the window is off the right side of the screen. So, I'm not able to click on the "settings" button anymore....
  3. OneDrive "activity center" appearing partially off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive "activity center" appearing partially off screen: After upgrading to Windows 11, my OneDrive "activity center" window opened when clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray appears but is cut off. As if most of the window is off the right side of the screen. So, I'm not able to click on the "settings" button anymore....
  4. Centered screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Centered screen: My screen is centered with black bars on both sides. How to I change it back to wide screen so it fits my monitor. It is not a resolution issue. My kitty cat changed the setting while I was asleep ugh...
  5. small taskbar icons off center

small taskbar icons off center: Notice that the taskbar buttons are floating just a bit above the bottom. Has anyone seen a bug like this before? It just started happening today after an update. I am using small taskbar buttons and the taskbar is as low as it can go. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. screen image on 2nd monitor off-center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen image on 2nd monitor off-center: Hi - I have two monitors connected to my HP Prodesk, and I'm using Windows 10. I've never had a problem with the displays until I moved the entire workstation from my office to my home. Now there is a large blank area that runs vertically along the left edge of the monitor....
  7. Black screen going on and off on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen going on and off on desktop: My computer died recently and when i plugged it in and turned it back on and typed in my password it started to go to a black screen, then it would load and then go back to my desk top screen. I could open chrome and it stays open, but when i try to open control panel and...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Action Center notifications are off screen

Windows 10 Pro Action Center notifications are off screen: If I open Action Center the notifications are not visible. If I open it when there are no notifications, the "no notifications" line isn't visible. It's like the upper boundary of it's display area is above the screen somewhere. If I log in as another user the action...
  9. Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes: The title probably could use some work. Feel free to edit, anyone, if you know a better one. Here's the deal: I've got a big monitor running the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have items all over my desktop that I am working with. If I let the screen sleep...
  10. Can't move desktop icons off-screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move desktop icons off-screen: Before this latest update, I used to use all 4 sides of my screen. I used to keep half of each desktop icon out of screen. Now when I try to move an icon a little bit out of screen Windows just won't let me. How do I fix this? I tried changing the regedit entry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop info is off center

2. desktop off center

3. computer screen off center shortcut