Windows 10: Desktop screen

Discus and support Desktop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows 10 how do I get my desktop screen back? It just disappears and I only have the windows start screen with all the apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alkasood, Sep 7, 2018.

1. alkasood Win User

Desktop screen

In windows 10 how do I get my desktop screen back? It just disappears and I only have the windows start screen with all the apps.

:)

alkasood, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2018
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Desktop screen

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Desktop screen

1. Desktop screen - Similar Threads - Desktop screen

2. Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program.: I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Surface Pro running Windows 10. Even though I have multiple programs open (Outlook, Chrome, Powerpoint for example) and all are maximized but layered, when I go to minimize or exit a program, the screen automatically reverts...
  3. Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of: My desktop background isn't set to slideshow, but for some reason it changes my preferred background to the the image below. My lock screen is set to the same picture as well despite me setting it before to Windows Spotlight slideshow. I've actually experienced this issue...
  4. desktop icons disappeared from my screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop icons disappeared from my screen: I have windows 10 and my desktop icons disappeared from my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-disappeared-from-my-screen/0279dd17-ca5d-423c-aedb-c537162bc2d4"
  5. My desktop screen went black, and my access to my download files to system restore is blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop screen went black, and my access to my download files to system restore is blocked: Most of my Icons on Desk Top won't let me access them and the screen is black I tried to do a system restore , but it won't let me access my download to repair it...
  6. Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever...

Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever...: The actual boot time for the system is shorter than the time is takes for the "Restarting" screen to go away. This is rather frustrating because my other Windows devices don't hang on this screen at all. Shutting the computer down and powering it on is actually faster than...
  7. Asus laptop doesnt allow progress after Desktop screen

Asus laptop doesnt allow progress after Desktop screen: I'm really struggling with my daughter's Asus laptop. I can get to the Desktop screen then nothing. Can't use any apps or use start key. What can I do? Windows 10 installed....
  8. CPU under 100% load, desktop icons won't even load after blue screen

CPU under 100% load, desktop icons won't even load after blue screen: I was playing a video game when i got a blue screen (BAD_POOL_CALLER), it prepared to restart but it got stuck at 100% and after 20 mins, i reset the computer, then i got another blue screen (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) from then on, i couldn't get to the desktop...
  9. Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen: Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard...
  10. My hp desktop is stuck on a grey screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My hp desktop is stuck on a grey screen: My hp desktop will show a loading hp screen and then it will go to grey. I try pushing F11 it keeps on saying it won’t work and I tried to reset it but it’s keeps on failing. I don’t know what to do...