Windows 10: Desktop screen

Discus and support Desktop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows 10 how do I get my desktop screen back? It just disappears and I only have the windows start screen with all the apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alkasood, Sep 7, 2018.

1. alkasood Win User

Desktop screen

In windows 10 how do I get my desktop screen back? It just disappears and I only have the windows start screen with all the apps.

:)

alkasood, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2018
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Desktop screen

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Desktop screen

1. Desktop screen - Similar Threads - Desktop screen

2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 briefly displays black screen then returns to desktop: Launching the game from Xbox Game Pass app or from desktop icon does not work. After several attempts the game pass login screen appeared and accepted the questions, but it still does not work. Ran with admin access, updated video card, no improvement. Any help will be much...
  3. I got a Blue screen and now can’t get to my desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got a Blue screen and now can’t get to my desktop.: I recently downloaded the latest update for windows 10. Then the next day I got a blue screen and now am unable to get to my desktop. I’ve tried system restarting, system restoring, all of the advanced system settings too. It all says that the restart or restore was cancelled...
  4. Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen resolution and desktop photo changed 5/7 upon login: One of the weirdest unexplained/unexplainable things I've ever seen. I have 20H2, and the last update of any type was KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service components seven days ago. Every night I restart my computer before bed, every morning I log in. This morning...
  5. How can I force windows desktop notifications to stay on the screen until I manually close...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I force windows desktop notifications to stay on the screen until I manually close...: I have been trying to find a solution to creating an alarm or reminder to pop up on my screen and not go away until I close it. I tried using Windows 10 calendar by clicking on the clock in the taskbar, setting a day and time for an alarm. It pops up wonderfully and asks me...
  6. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop: Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!...
  7. My new Desktop PC is getting Blue Screen Error BSOD very frequently TOO MANY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My new Desktop PC is getting Blue Screen Error BSOD very frequently TOO MANY: Hello,I just custom built a new Desktop from the shop with Windows 10 Pro installation around 2 months ago for the first 2 to 3 weeks it worked fine and didn't gave any issues but after that it started giving blue screen error ones every 5 to 7 days and all errors codes are...
  8. Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.

Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.: A picture is worth a thousand words: In this image, I have selected the action from Task Bar right-button menu to "Show windows stacked". As you can see, there is empy space allocated for windows that aren't displayed. The reason for this is that such windows are placed in a...
  9. my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I...

my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I...: my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer where the control panel used to be. this blocks my screen completely, which prohibits me from doing anything. How can I get these items back to the bottom of the screen?...
  10. Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual

Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual: Instead of the usual images that were supposed to be on there, it was a plain blue background I never saw before. I didn't take a picture of it. And there was no way to take a screen shot of it either. But yet it was still talking about a bird and Darwin's island. 177809