Windows 10: Desktop Security Settings Problem

Discus and support Desktop Security Settings Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my PCs with in 10 Home has had a long standing problem with any item saved to the desktop except shortcuts Although I probably tried just about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edcarcal, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Edcarcal Win User

Desktop Security Settings Problem

One of my PCs with in 10 Home has had a long standing problem with any item saved to the desktop except shortcuts Although I probably tried just about everything previous support suggestions have offered, I am wondering if anyone has a new idea of why this is happening.

:)

Edcarcal, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Desktop Security Settings Problem

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Security Settings Problem

1. Desktop Security Settings Problem - Similar Threads - Desktop Security Settings

2. security settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security settings: how do i reset security settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-settings/b287c97f-c63b-4d39-b7ff-ae7b696a326b
  3. security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security settings: how do i reset security settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-settings/b287c97f-c63b-4d39-b7ff-ae7b696a326b
  4. security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security settings: I am not able to schedule a ZOOM meeting or make payments to some vendors from my computer. The schedules and payments go through on my wife's computer so I know the payment method and scheduling process are correct....
  5. security settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security settings: I am not able to schedule a ZOOM meeting or make payments to some vendors from my computer. The schedules and payments go through on my wife's computer so I know the payment method and scheduling process are correct....
  6. security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. AOL Desktop Gold problem with settings

in Browsers and Email
    AOL Desktop Gold problem with settings: In late June, after having gotten a new Dell Inspiron 3880 PC, I downloaded and installed AOL Desktop Gold (Rev. 11.0.3316), and unfortunately one important thing on it doesn't work at all - the "Settings" button. Whenever I click on it, nothing happens, and if I try clicking...
  8. Problems with Windows Security Settings Page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Windows Security Settings Page: Hello. I have really strange UI problem. When I go to Windows Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security I have such buttons in UI: Under the title: - Open Windows Security Protection areas: - Virus & threat protection - Account protection - Firewall &...
  9. Problem regarding security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem regarding security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  10. Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Settings and Windows Security apps.: OK, this is a real puzzle. Since installing the very latest Insider Preview, I've had a strange problem occurring. When I turn on the PC and it's finished booting up, when I try to open Settings, all I get is the Cog appear, and then after 20-30 seconds it just closes back...