Windows 10: Desktop self boots up from shutdown

Discus and support Desktop self boots up from shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; using window's 10, i often shutdown my desktop completely but for whatever reason, it randomly boots itself back up. been doing this for a while now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nerdyplayer, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Desktop self boots up from shutdown

using window's 10, i often shutdown my desktop completely but for whatever reason, it randomly boots itself back up.

been doing this for a while now, but recently becoming more frequent. I have waken up middle of the night, and hear my computer boot up by itself.

I'm not putting it to sleep, it's a complete shutdown, thinking about putting it on it's own power strip and flipping the switch when i'm not using it. Any ideas would be good ty.

submitted by /u/nerdyplayer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nerdyplayer, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Nov 23, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Catper Win User

Desktop self boots up from shutdown

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Desktop self boots up from shutdown

1. Desktop self boots up from shutdown - Similar Threads - Desktop self boots

2. desktop will not boot up after update & shutdown black screen how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop will not boot up after update & shutdown black screen how to fix it?: On my desktop went to update and shutdown and now a blackscreen and only a buffering icon on it. How can I get my computer booted back up? Nothing is working not even ctrl alt delete, nothing but a blackscreen!...
  3. desktop will not boot up after update & shutdown black screen how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop will not boot up after update & shutdown black screen how to fix it?: On my desktop went to update and shutdown and now a blackscreen and only a buffering icon on it. How can I get my computer booted back up? Nothing is working not even ctrl alt delete, nothing but a blackscreen!...
  4. desktop will not boot up after update & shutdown black screen how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.: I just brought the laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15 and it come with preinstalled Windows 10 1909. Everything was fine until Windows Update it update the os version to 2004 and 20H2. After update to 2004 or 20H2, the windows always BSOD when I startup the laptop from shutdown...
  6. desktop shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shutdown: My desktop keeps restarting itself, it shuts down and my screen becomes dark and then it comes back on again, and when i have my file explore on, it shuts that too. How do i fix that and make it stop?...
  7. desktop shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    desktop shutdown: About a couple weeks ago my desktop computer stopped being able to shut down through the start menu, I have to physically press the power button. If I try to shut down any other way, the computer will only restart. I've tried changing the power settings to not restart if...
  8. Windows self-shutdown [Bug Report and Solving]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows self-shutdown [Bug Report and Solving]: I found a problem and because of this bug PC turns itself off. we can come bug.. if you install Spotify from Microsoft store. this problem will occur. i don't know, what is the problem?...
  9. New Desktop Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Desktop Boot Up: Hi I just got a new Acer desktop with windows 10 pre-installed on it from best buy, when I turned the computer on a little loading wheel with just a moment poped up on the screen it has now been about an hour and nothing has changed is this normal or should I restart the...
  10. Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(: As the topic said above every time I press F5 to refresh my desktop it rearrange it's self *Sad and I need to re-arrange it again. How can I stop it from doing that *Rolleyes [img] [img] 24524