Windows 10: Desktop setup for 93yo father

Discus and support Desktop setup for 93yo father in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; New user here, helping my 93 yo dad w a windows10 setup. DK much about it. He wants to minimize it w mainly web page shortcuts/icons (email, amazon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/99KLP99, May 5, 2020.

1. Desktop setup for 93yo father

New user here, helping my 93 yo dad w a windows10 setup. DK much about it. He wants to minimize it w mainly web page shortcuts/icons (email, amazon, medical provider, free and simple word processor) on the desktop w/ large fonts. I can put them on the taskbar but not desktop. Any ideas? Thanks.

submitted by /u/99KLP99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/99KLP99, May 5, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Happy Fathers day

Just wanted to wish a Happy Fathers day to all the fathers that put pampers and formula ahead of the new Nvidia products on the shopping list all the way up to the college applications and prom dresses.

Good Job *Smile Desktop setup for 93yo father :) *Rockout :rockout:

Jetster, May 5, 2020
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 5, 2020
  4. Desktop setup for 93yo father

Happy Fathers day

thanks for the shoutout *Big Grin Desktop setup for 93yo father :D

AlienIsGOD, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Desktop setup for 93yo father

1. Desktop setup for 93yo father - Similar Threads - Desktop setup 93yo

2. Remote Desktop setup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop setup question: Three remote users need to access a SQL database on a desktop computer. I was told Remote Desktop was a good option. I have the following questions.1. What software do I need to have on that desktop computer? Windows 10, 11 or a server edition?2. If a server edition, what...
  3. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  4. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  5. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Remote desktop protocol setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop protocol setup: Hi guys We have a VPN in our company client. But we want to restrict access from remote desktop protocol to only machines that are phisically in local network. Is it possible to make this setup in windows? or Is it better to make it in anti virus software? 183182
  7. New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer Shows My Father's Desktop: I recently purchased a new computer and when I set it up I used the same password as the one I used to set up my dad's computer I bought both machines and didn't think anything of not using my credentials on both computers. Now when my system boots up it shows his desktop....
  8. Father passed away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Father passed away: I have his login pin and of course can get in but I would like to change the owner/ admin any help would be appreciated..! TIA submitted by /u/Dregs11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8ms6h/father_passed_away/
  9. Viber desktop setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Viber desktop setup: When i am trying to activate the program, the QR code never appeared and I am receiving the message that i don't have internet connection which is wrong, in task view bar showing that I have internet access...
  10. Initial setup of desktop pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Initial setup of desktop pc: I have loaded the wrong name on new PC! Can NOT change the administrator name, Can NOT delete the administrator name! I had forgotten that I had set up another coworkers new pc several years ago so, now that persons name is on this new pc for a different coworker. Any...