Windows 10: Desktop sharing

Discus and support Desktop sharing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I share my desktop with other users in same PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JuanMelendez4, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Desktop sharing

How can I share my desktop with other users in same PC?

:)

JuanMelendez4, Sep 29, 2020
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 29, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Desktop sharing

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Desktop sharing

1. Desktop sharing - Similar Threads - Desktop sharing

2. New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop: Everything from Steam games, homework assignments, and pictures are being shared between my two computers. I'm a full time student and I just purchased a PC for gaming. I've had my laptop for a couple years now and since getting my gaming PC, everything on my laptop including...
  3. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  4. how to access shared folder using file-DESKTOP style link

how to access shared folder using file-DESKTOP style link: I've defined a folder using the method that gets a link like the following: SHARE PC-SB file://DESKTOP-XXXXXXXX/Users/user1/OneDrive/SHARE PC-SB I have access to the folder using my Surface Book through my WiFi home network. I'd like to be able to access the folder when I...
  5. How to share a folder on laptop to desktop on local network (or usb)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to share a folder on laptop to desktop on local network (or usb)?: I need access to a specific folder on my laptop on my desktop pc. how would I go about this? I'm not familiar with the network sharing center, is there a detailed guide in which I can set this up? even better.. is there a way to do this through usb directly? thanks...
  6. Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Remote Desktop two monitors, program share issue: I have a laptop i hooked up a second monitor to to remote into work with. I am able to see both monitors when remoted in but im only allowed to open programs on the primamry screen. I am unable to move any programs to the second monitor while i can move icons from the second...
  7. Shared Folders not accessible on Windows 10 Desktop

Shared Folders not accessible on Windows 10 Desktop: Hello Everyone. First of all, how my ethernet is configured. 1 router connected to the internet. 1 desktop pc (W10 pro, x64) connected through LAN to the router. 2 android devices connected through wifi, 1 of them a tablet, over 5ghz band and the other a smartphone, over...
  8. Desktop wallpaper shared between two devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper shared between two devices: Hi everyone, this is my first time writing here. I just can't figure out how I switched on the option of sharing the desktop wallpaper between my 2 PCs. I'd like to turn it off but I don't know how, could somebody help me please? Thanks!...
  9. How to share running programs/desktop under different user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to share running programs/desktop under different user accounts?: Typically, we use some set of simulation/diagnostic programs, which must keep running for some period of time without any interruption on a shared workstation. But we also need to keep separate user accounts for each participant due to security reasons - therefore, no shared...
  10. Unable to open in desktop app a shared OneDrive file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open in desktop app a shared OneDrive file: Hi, I have edit permissions to a set of files that someone shared with me through OneDrive. I access the files through a browser and can edit them through Office apps online. However, there are some features of Excel, for example, that you can't use in Excel online so I...