Windows 10: Desktop shifted up by a few pixels

Discus and support Desktop shifted up by a few pixels in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Since a few days, I've been having this strange issue of the entire screen moving up by a few pixels. It is really frustrating, since I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by patny, Oct 6, 2020.

1. patny Win User

Desktop shifted up by a few pixels

Hello.

Since a few days, I've been having this strange issue of the entire screen moving up by a few pixels. It is really frustrating, since I cannot see which programs have open windows on the taskbar, since the little white bar at the bottom that indicates open windows is now missing.

The issue is resolved if I restart windows, so it probably isn't a hardware problem with my screen. I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this..

I am currently running version 2004 of Windows 10.

Thank you.

I don't think I managed to upload the images, so here's a link to some photos of the issue: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

:)

patny, Oct 6, 2020

2. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 6, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Oct 6, 2020
  4. NickC1024 Win User

Desktop pixelated when extended

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the reply. I followed the recommended suggestion and calibrated the monitor, however it did not help the situation. I do not believe this is an issue with the monitor since the pixilation does not occur uniformly.

Applications are not pixelated unless I extend the size of the window to exceed 1920 pixels horizontally (each individual monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1080). As long as the application can fit entirely within a single window then it remains unpixelated.
    I can even have applications spread across both monitors so long as the application window does not exceed 1920 pixels. Once the window size of any individual application becomes greater than 1920 pixels horizontally that entire application becomes pixelated
    (other applications open remain unpixelated so long as they are less than 1920 px horizontal).

The taskbar (including the start menu, notification area, and applications pinned to the taskbar) is never pixelated, however icons on my desktop are pixelated regardless of where on the desktop they are located. My desktop wallpaper is also always pixelated
    regardless of resolution of the image I use or the settings I use (fill, center, span, etc).

As I mentioned in my original post, this issue only presented itself after a Windows update I received a couple months ago. I have been using this same dual monitor setup on Windows 10 for over a year prior to the update without issue.

All signs point to it being a software issue resulting from the update. The issue is not critical, just very annoying. If anyone has any other ideas as to how to resolve this I would be very appreciative.

NickC1024, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop shifted up by a few pixels - Similar Threads - Desktop shifted few

2. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed: My computer hangs up and closes any open app eg. notepad, explorer etc. if I press the shift, ctrl, or alt key even once. The problem occasionally goes away. I have checked the keyboard by swapping it out and the problem remains and also the issue remains with onscreen...
  3. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed: My computer hangs up and closes any open app eg. notepad, explorer etc. if I press the shift, ctrl, or alt key even once. The problem occasionally goes away. I have checked the keyboard by swapping it out and the problem remains and also the issue remains with onscreen...
  4. Computer hangs up for a few seconds if the shift, ctrl, or alt key is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible to move my screen upward for a few pixels?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to move my screen upward for a few pixels?: My monitor doesn't show the last few lines at the bottoms and there is no way for me to adjust the monitor.That is frustrating, as I can't see whether some application is already opened.So I want to adjust the OS, is it possible to move the entire screen upward for a few...
  6. Is it possible to move my screen upward for a few pixels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to move my screen upward for a few pixels?: My monitor doesn't show the last few lines at the bottoms and there is no way for me to adjust the monitor.That is frustrating, as I can't see whether some application is already opened.So I want to adjust the OS, is it possible to move the entire screen upward for a few...
  7. Is it possible to move my screen upward for a few pixels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Desktop pixelation and lagging mousepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop pixelation and lagging mousepad: My mouse keeps freezing for like 5 seconds every times a try to make a selection. How can i fix this? And my background photo is pixelated, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-pixelation-and-lagging-mousepad/f5af322e-4666-4184-ad66-22e1fe8c18fc
  9. Start shifted in whole desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start shifted in whole desktop: Hi, I have windows 10 and as you can see in the picture, my Start is shifted on the upper left side and I cannot see desktop icons even I am unable to do right click. Please give a solution if you have any idea. thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes: Not sure what is causing it. Not sure what other information you all would need apart from what I'm pasting below. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed NONE...