Windows 10: Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809

Discus and support Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating to build 1809, the 'New' option in the right click dialogue box that used to allow me to create a new folder or shortcut no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dallasboy226, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809

After updating to build 1809, the 'New' option in the right click dialogue box that used to allow me to create a new folder or shortcut no longer works. When I select 'New' the system hangs for a few seconds, the screen then greys out for a few seconds and then goes back to normal without the dialogue box on the screen. How can this issue be resolved?

:)

Dallasboy226, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809

1. Desktop shortcut and folder creation not working in windows 10 after 1809 - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcut folder

2. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  3. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  4. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation: Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation: Hi,I have the same issue as the user which asked a question over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-shortcut-result-not/2d0a9b0c-7e27-479c-9fba-b46c7671acafLet me rephrase the issue.When you make a new shortcut the shortcut is...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 New shortcut not highlighted after creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop: hello, I have a small but annoying problem that I have been ignoring since the beginning of 2018! I have created custom shortcuts e.g. control+ F1, F2 etc. to launch different programs. When I start or restart my computer and I am at the desktop screen [wallpaper screen]...
  9. Desktop shortcuts in Folders not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcuts in Folders not visible: When I switched on my pc yesterday running latest version of Win 10 I notice that all the shortcuts are no longer visible in the desktop folders, or, any folders. Before I could see a representation of them sticking out from the Folder. When I click on a folder it opens...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive shortcut not working

2. va shortcuts national folder

3. windows 10 create shortcut not working

4. create shortcut not working,
  5. desktop shortcuts not working,
  6. desktop shortcuts for windows 10 not working,
  7. create shortcut on network folder not working,
  8. w10 folder shortcut not working,
  9. no shortcut folders in teh current working folder,
  10. create new deesktop shortcut not working,
  11. shortcuts windows 10 not working,
  12. windows 10 not creating internet shortcuts,
  13. can not create shortcuts or add folders to the windows 10 desktop 11/2019,
  14. superkids desktop shortcut not working,
  15. win 10 new shortcut and folder not working