Windows 10: desktop shortcut for google

Discus and support desktop shortcut for google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; halasz - I did both of those things - when I click on the "e" in the taskbar, I still get msoft edge browser. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ImLost, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ImLost Win User

desktop shortcut for google

halasz - I did both of those things - when I click on the "e" in the taskbar, I still get msoft edge browser.

ImLost, Nov 2, 2015
  2. lx07 Win User

Both Edge and Internet Explorer have a "e" icon. The Edge one (on the left below) is dark blue. The Internet Explorer one is a paler blue "e" with a gold ring or something sort of orbiting it.

If you want to have Internet Explorer on the taskbar then open it (press the *Start key and start typing internet explorer, then click on it). To pin it right click on the taskbar icon and select "Pin to taskbar". It will then stay on the taskbar even when you close the program.

desktop shortcut for google [​IMG]

You can leave the Edge icon on the taskbar as well, or, if you don't like it, you can right click on its taskbar icon and select "Unpin from taskbar". Hope this helps, Hali

3. ImLost Win User
    no, I only have the one "e", the msoft edge one

ImLost, Nov 2, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Click start > all Apps > Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer, right click it and select pin to taskbar

Or type internet explorer in the search box, right click it and pin to taskbar.

essenbe, Nov 2, 2015
  5. ImLost Win User
    esenbe - that did it. But can I get more stuff up on the menu bar (?). I used to have file/edit/view/favorites/tools/help, and some other stuff.

ImLost, Nov 2, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    If you are talking about the menu bar of ie, it is exactly the same as it has always been. Just right click in the upper part of the window near the URL and select Menu, Favorites, command bar and a few others.

essenbe, Nov 2, 2015
  7. ImLost Win User
    Thanks guys, I have IE for browser, opens to the homepage I want. I have a google shortcut on the taskbar. But....when I click on it, It doesn't get added at the top row next to the other open windows like it was in W8.

ImLost, Nov 2, 2015
  8. magnumkat Win User

Ztruker. You are my hero. I have been searching the net to simply put Google Chrome back on my desktop because somehow it disappeared. I was getting the most bizarre and complicated and non-applicable instructions nobody could have made heads nor tails of. Then I find this site with your one-sentence flippant (in a good way) explanation. A two year-old could have mastered that explanation. This appreciation response to you is ten times longer and more complicated than your solution. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

magnumkat, Apr 26, 2017
  9. ImLost Win User
    got this in my email.....I already (somehow) had a google shortcut icon on my deskop. And, when I bring up google, there is no google icon to the left of the url area, there is only a drawing of one of those 'padlocks'.
    Wish I really could make website desktop shortcut icons that easily. Boy do I know what he means about searching like crazy and getting bizarre info that does not work. Incredible trying different ways people say to do something but it never works the way it says
    Maybe this tablet does not work the way it's supposed to. I'm shipping it back to RCA next week after my new laptop arrives. It's an RCA Cambio w101 tablet, sending it back because sometimes it will/wont come on, so maybe other functions are fouled up?

ImLost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. desktop shortcut for google - Similar Threads - desktop shortcut google

2. Desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcuts: Somehow, when I increased the size of my Windows 10 PC text, all of my desktop shortcuts are underlined. Can you tell me how to remove the underlines? I tried the adviser's solution, which was to go to ease of access, click keyboard. I see that my "keyboard underlines across"...
  3. google as a shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google as a shortcut ?: I want to have www.google.com as a shortcut on my desktop, I think it's possible I saw someone with it ? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-as-a-shortcut/e8de06ed-daf6-4099-8cee-4bf6fc2d6c8c"
  4. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  5. Desktop shortcuts

Desktop shortcuts: Recently all my desktop shortcuts have an overlay. A white sheet of paper. I have tried the Thumbnail and Cache Rebuilder, but it did nothing. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcuts/e0376408-1405-4ba7-9240-ee9d06766731
  6. how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome

how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome: I just switched to chrome and I have no toolbar at the top of the page. How do I download a google toolbar or a google shortcut on my desktop...
  7. desktop shortcuts

desktop shortcuts: I am looking for help with an issue that has just started. When I am creating a desktop shortcut for a website instead of opening up the page I have created the shortcut for it simply opens up as my google Chrome browser. I am using a laptop with windows 10. I click on...
  8. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...
  9. Google desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Google desktop shortcut: Trying to put a Google Desk Top shortcut, not a Google chrome one. Can anyone help please. I am using Windows 10. Cheers. 90872
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...