Windows 10: desktop shortcut for google

Discus and support desktop shortcut for google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Bottom left says search the web and windows, but it just shows replies from bing. I cant even find how to do a desktop short cut for google. Desktop... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ImLost, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ImLost Win User

desktop shortcut for google

Bottom left says search the web and windows, but it just shows replies from bing. I cant even find how to do a desktop short cut for google. Desktop shortcut used to be so easy. Is W10 going to turn out to be more difficult to used than 8, or is it really easier once you figure things out?

:)

ImLost, Nov 1, 2015

2. Google desktop shortcut

Tried taking battery out but still not in the widget list or lurking on any of my desktops.

Paul42---01, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Google desktop shortcut

Yes I deleted it from the desktop when deleting something else. I have checked & it is not just covered up.

Paul42---01, Nov 1, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Click start > All Apps, open the Google folder and right click the Google Chrome > Select open File Location >right click the Google Chrome >select send to > Desktop (shortcut).

Or from all apps, right click Google Chrome and select pin to start or pin to taskbar. Whichever you want.

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  5. ImLost Win User
    I don't get it....I don't show a google folder

ImLost, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    You don't have Google Chrome.

Winuser, Nov 1, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    You just want a link to Google on your desktop, right?
    Open your browser, go to Google.
    Left click and hold on the Google icon to the left of the URL area, drag and drop it on the Desktop.

Ztruker, Nov 1, 2015
  8. desktop shortcut for google

That is your help and support. "search the web and windows".

lopedoggie, Nov 1, 2015
  9. ImLost Win User
    ztrucker - it doesn't work......this is prob in the wrong spot.......I can't find where it says "reply to post", only "reply to thread".

ImLost, Nov 1, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    I'm assuming you want a shortcut so your browser opens google.com rather than making a shortcut to Google Chrome. If not I apologise.

There are many ways to do this. As I don't know what browser you are using this is the surest (if perhaps not the easiest) way..

1. Right click on your desktop and select New and then Shortcut

desktop shortcut for google [​IMG]

2. In the location box type "h ttps://google.com"" and then click Next.

*Smile

3. In the name box type "Google.com" or whatever you want to call it, and then click finish.

4. You will see the shortcut on your desktop. When you double click on it it will open you default browser and go to google.com.

It is no harder once you get used to it. Really very similar in my opinion.

Good luck *Smile

11. ImLost Win User
    This is what Im trying to do: I just want a google shortcut on desktop, so when I want google search, I can double click on it (same as W8 ?)
    And how to have IE as my browser, and be able to choose the homepage that I want to see when I open the IE.

ImLost, Nov 1, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
  13. essenbe Win User

Also, if you are using ie, go to Google.com, click file and send > shortcut to Desktop

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  14. ImLost Win User
    Was reading some comments about msoft 'edge' browser, and I wonder if maybe I'm being hasty wanting to stay with IE. Is it supposed to be a really good browser that msoft designed to work well specifically with new W10 system?

ImLost, Nov 1, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    It may be a good browser some day, but today isn't that day *Smile With the next major update that was supposed to be released November 2nd but has been delayed, there will be some improvements. I'd suggest waiting until then to seriously look at it.

Just my $.02 worth.

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. desktop shortcut for google - Similar Threads - desktop shortcut google

2. Desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcuts: Somehow, when I increased the size of my Windows 10 PC text, all of my desktop shortcuts are underlined. Can you tell me how to remove the underlines? I tried the adviser's solution, which was to go to ease of access, click keyboard. I see that my "keyboard underlines across"...
  3. google as a shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google as a shortcut ?: I want to have www.google.com as a shortcut on my desktop, I think it's possible I saw someone with it ? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-as-a-shortcut/e8de06ed-daf6-4099-8cee-4bf6fc2d6c8c"
  4. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  5. Desktop shortcuts

Desktop shortcuts: Recently all my desktop shortcuts have an overlay. A white sheet of paper. I have tried the Thumbnail and Cache Rebuilder, but it did nothing. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcuts/e0376408-1405-4ba7-9240-ee9d06766731
  6. how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome

how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome: I just switched to chrome and I have no toolbar at the top of the page. How do I download a google toolbar or a google shortcut on my desktop...
  7. desktop shortcuts

desktop shortcuts: I am looking for help with an issue that has just started. When I am creating a desktop shortcut for a website instead of opening up the page I have created the shortcut for it simply opens up as my google Chrome browser. I am using a laptop with windows 10. I click on...
  8. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...
  9. Google desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Google desktop shortcut: Trying to put a Google Desk Top shortcut, not a Google chrome one. Can anyone help please. I am using Windows 10. Cheers. 90872
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ttps://www.google.co