Windows 10: desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

Discus and support desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks ... I got two right - Stickies & ESET *Wink Ok, please check the following registry keys Launch Command Prompt (Admin) execute the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ydaltak, Aug 13, 2016.

1. ydaltak Win User

desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

i truely appreciate your help but i never never mess with the registry. it's something i learned a long time ago. i leave that for people in the know. which you probably are, but i would be the one possibly messing things up. i fixed the problem regarding not wanting to have to key in a password upon booting. yea me. but as for the icons moving, the start menu not closing and the search bar not working - i've decided i can live with these things until i find someone locally to help me out. they're probably upgrade bugs anyway. thanks again, you are appreciated!

ydaltak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

1. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving - Similar Threads - desktop shortcut icons

2. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  3. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  4. Desktop Icons keep changing place while I'm moving the icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons keep changing place while I'm moving the icons: I've never run into this before, but for some reason I just can't arrange my desktop icons because of this. Possibly because I recently got a 1440p monitor and am running dual monitor with that and a 1080p monitor? Any help would be appreciated, it's driving me crazy. Thanks!...
  5. Desktop Icon keep moving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  6. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  7. Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons: I have a new computer just 8 days old. I run Windows 10 ver. 1909 and have an office 365 subscription. 2 days ago Windows Update installed its updates and then Office 365 tried to update and it crashed. This has happened to me before a while back on another computer and the...
  8. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...
  9. Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop: Hi all! I would like to add some web Shortcuts to my desktop and then change the icon so it shows a graphic for what the item is. I know how to add a web site short to the desktop, but the icon is just generic. For example, say I want to add an web shortcut for Taco Bell...
  10. Shortcut icons keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons keep changing: Shortcuts used to be indicated by a fairly unobtrusive arrow in the corner. A few days ago they changed to an overly visible white arrow in a green circle in the lower middle of the program icon. Then they changed to a gray X in the corner. Now they're back to the arrow in...