Windows 10: Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

Discus and support Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sertyui, Jan 8, 2022.

1. sertyui Win User

Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture changes and I have no idea why. Can someone explain what they mean or how to get rid of them?

:)

sertyui, Jan 8, 2022

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 8, 2022
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2022
  4. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

1. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcut pictures

2. Shortcuts to change desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts to change desktops: Ctrl + Win + arrow keys right and left used to switch desktops. Now they are behaving like Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys used to behave. Is this another Microsoft "improvement"? I believe this new behavior arrived with the latest update....
  3. Shortcuts to change desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts to change desktops: Ctrl + Win + arrow keys right and left used to switch desktops. Now they are behaving like Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys used to behave. Is this another Microsoft "improvement"? I believe this new behavior arrived with the latest update....
  4. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  5. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  6. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  7. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  8. Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons: I have a new computer just 8 days old. I run Windows 10 ver. 1909 and have an office 365 subscription. 2 days ago Windows Update installed its updates and then Office 365 tried to update and it crashed. This has happened to me before a while back on another computer and the...
  9. Desktop Pictures Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Pictures Changing: Hello. I wanted to put more pictures on desktop and make them change in a couple of time but, sadly, i can't find out how do i do that. Please, help me with some informations. Thanks for reading this and have a good day, but if you know how to do it, i would appreciate...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173