Windows 10: Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site

Discus and support Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Created a shortcut on the desktop to bring up a sharepoint site. When I click on it, the site comes up for a split second and then the screen goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeJackura, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site

Created a shortcut on the desktop to bring up a sharepoint site. When I click on it, the site comes up for a split second and then the screen goes to a screen displaying the following:

[{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]Prop3=19,11[InternetShortcut]IDList=URL=https://stbernadettescatholic.sharepoint.com/sites/StBernadetteCC2

Thanks;

Mjj4golf

:)

MikeJackura, Jul 15, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 15, 2020
  3. l1willia Win User
    Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

l1willia, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site

1. Desktop shortcut will not bring up sharepoint site - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcut bring

2. bring a mysql database into sharepoint , sharepoint list ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bring a mysql database into sharepoint , sharepoint list ?: Hi Microsoft, Can you advise how we can bring a mysql database into sharepoint directly as a list or collection of lists ? convert a phpmyadmin mysql database directly to mssql server or access...
  3. bring a mysql database into sharepoint , sharepoint list ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bring a mysql database into sharepoint , sharepoint list ?: Hi Microsoft, Can you advise how we can bring a mysql database into sharepoint directly as a list or collection of lists ? convert a phpmyadmin mysql database directly to mssql server or access...
  4. FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

in Windows 10 Support
    FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!: This started last week and was driving me nuts. I finally found the solution this morning. It turned out to be a registry setting that I had to remove two entries. Open Regedit, Back Up The Registry First Go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellNew" Delete the two values...
  5. Desktop shortcuts acting up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts acting up: A few days ago, the game shortcuts on my desktop started showing green circles in the left bottom on each one, which I thought was because they were backed up by OneDrive, which I thought was probably a new update. A little while after that, random new shortcuts got placed on...
  6. CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE

CREATE DESKTOP SHORTCUT TO WEB SITE: WHO AN WHY WAS THIS CHANGE MAID IN IE-11 WHEN ON A WEBSITE NEED TO MAKE SHORTCUT RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT CREATE SHORTCUT REAL EASY AND SIMPLE TO DO. NOW IN EDGE SAME THING RIGHT CLICK NOT THEIR HIGHT LIGHT SITE LOCATION MINIMIZE SCREEN RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP SELECT CREATE...
  7. SharePoint file/folder shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SharePoint file/folder shortcut: I have several documents I work on concurrently that are located in our SP directory. The files are often buried in several subfolders, so I like to add a shortcut to the files and/or specific folders and add to my desktop to get there quickly. However, since the last Windows...
  8. Moving mouse brings up desktop

Moving mouse brings up desktop: New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I change the "window" to keep desktop from coming up. Also, is there any way to completely get rid of the startup box on the...
  9. Desktop shortcuts to web sites no longer work.

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts to web sites no longer work.: I have several of these shortcuts created in the Google browser, one to Ten forums, a couple to my email accounts, etc. A couple of days ago they stopped working. They just open the browser, so I have to type in the required url in the search bar. Having done that I can...
  10. SharePoint Anonymous Site

SharePoint Anonymous Site: When using an anonymous SharePoint Site you previously were able to deselect the tick box for send invitation and you could copy the link and send this previously. We haven't applied any changes to the site but in the last week or so we have no longer been able to deselect...