Windows 10: Desktop shortcuts disappearing.

Discus and support Desktop shortcuts disappearing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop shortcuts are disappearing. It started last week. They didn't go all at once. They went randomly over the last week. Anyone else seeing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephMMJ, Jun 21, 2020.

1. JosephMMJ Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing.

My desktop shortcuts are disappearing. It started last week. They didn't go all at once. They went randomly over the last week. Anyone else seeing this issue? Seems that it started after I had trouble with the latest Win 10 update.

:)

JosephMMJ, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Desktop shortcuts disappearing.

Desktop shortcuts

Shortcuts can "live" in two places:

• In your own profile folder (C:\Users\Luke\Desktop). They are visible to you only.
    • In the public profile folder (C:\Users\Public\Desktop). They are visible to all users.
    You should now know why the deleted shortcut disappeared from both desktops.

Deleting a shortcut does NOT delete the file or folder it refers to. I recommend you run some tests to confirm this.

Frederik Long, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Desktop shortcuts disappearing.

1. Desktop shortcuts disappearing. - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcuts disappearing

2. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  3. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: This is a new computer and I was trying to personalize the desktop when I noticed that all of the shortcut icons that I had placed on my desktop have disappeared. I've tried everything to get them back, including contacting support and doing a restore from 2 days ago. I can't...
  4. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: This is a new computer and I was trying to personalize the desktop when I noticed that all of the shortcut icons that I had placed on my desktop have disappeared. I've tried everything to get them back, including contacting support and doing a restore from 2 days ago. I can't...
  5. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: The problem is basically mentioned in the title, I just restarted my computer, and while entering my password it wrote that the Userprofile failed, soon after that it restarted again. Then when coming to the home page I noticed that I lost almost all the shortcut and also the...
  7. GTA V shortcut disappeared on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V shortcut disappeared on the desktop?: Hello The shortcut for GTA V has disappeared from the desktop, where can I find it again. I cannot start the GTAV.exe. I'm hoping someone can help me. GTA V Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop verschwunden?
  8. my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared: All my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared after win 10 last update...help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-disappeared/fdd5f3e1-9ef2-4225-bdc7-cee4ea25e33c
  9. Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared: As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared. I don't know why. And not all of them are gone. [img] Whuzzup with all that? 104717
  10. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....